My daughter is thinking of purchasing a home on Palos Dr. in Riverside CA. It looks like an older area. Is it safe???

Asked by ellenj, Riverside, CA Tue Nov 27, 2012

Answers

3
Ray Wright, Agent, Riverside, CA
Wed Dec 5, 2012
First of all, no city is completely 100% safe and you always have to be on your guard.

But don't just take it from me, Ray the Realtor. I spent several years as a Deputy Sheriff in Fontana, Rialto, Bloomington, & Rancho Cucamonga & then more as a Police Officer in Pomona. When it comes to gangs and crime, I've seen it all. When I take buyers out to show homes, the things I look for that many don't notice are the telltale signs of crime. Many times, when buying a home, the excitement can block your view of things that I notice right away. And I use my particular set of skills, education, expertise and experience to help my clients find the right place to live.

Take a drive around at different times of the day and night and on weekends, especially Friday and Saturday nights. Go to the police station and ask to speak with the officer that handles that beat during swing shift. He or she can give you far more insight than anyone else here.

Also, take a look at the following website for more detailed info on crime in this and any other area you may be interested in:

https://www.crimereports.com/

Ray Wright
Realtor - PSC - SSIC
951-354-1303
RayWright@kw.com
Miste Caulder, Agent, Corona, CA
Tue Nov 27, 2012
It's relatively safe, but not the most aesthetic area of Riverside. It depends on whether she wants to live in an area with a sense of community, does she like to be able to walk around the neighborhood, does she like quiet neighbors, and so on. Is she looking at 6841 Palos Drive? In that price range, she has wider options.
If you have anything in the Corona area, I'd really appreciate it. Around the same price range.
Flag Tue Nov 27, 2012
Lisa Buchanan…, Agent, Riverside, CA
Tue Nov 27, 2012
Hi EllenJ, if you send me the address I can send you a demographic report or you can go to lisabuchananrealestate.com and search for the property then you can review the report on our web site...I hope this helps and let us know if you have any other questions...

Lisa Buchanan Real Estate
lisa.buchanan@mailpcr.com
(951) 757-2815