Realtors walk the line on questions about safety. I am not sure if there is a "safe" place in this world. Absolute safety exists in our minds. However, there are crime patterns and events that can be tracked. Here are some of my suggestions:
1. Call the police department and ask for the contact information for the neighborhood police liaison officer for Coulwood West or for any neighborhood that you are considering. Then ask for the crime map and statistics for the last 2 years.
2. Put this address into google with the word "crime". Put the neighborhood into google with the word "crime". If a violent crime has occurred, google may have a record of it.
3. Go to the sex offender registry for NC to see what pulls up in the area.
4. Finally, you should walk and drive the neighborhood and talk to the homeowners. Find out how many houses are owned and how many are rented.
5. Get your favorite real estate agent to help you figure out what is best for your needs.
Wishing you success,
Robin Faison, broker
Keller Williams Realty