Is this a safe neighborhood to live in with all of these crimes?

Asked by William, Oxnard, CA Mon May 21, 2012

Answers

6
Tim Comstock’s answer
Tim Comstock, Agent, Ventura, CA
Tue May 22, 2012
Sometimes people are careless and leave desireable items visible in open garages and unlocked cars. If questionable people see an opportunuty to borrow your stuff than they probably will. I think the shores and the other Oxnard beaches are safe to walk at night with little chance of getting mugged so if that is your question on crime than you now have a few local opinions regarding the beach.
Kelly Pessis, Agent, Malibu, CA
Fri Nov 14, 2014
The Shores is a sweet community and you can verify the crime stats with the local authorities or on line. You will find mostly petty theft issues and that is sort of the nature of a coastal neighborhood as they experience crimes of opportunity (the occasional stolen bike left on the side of the house or similar event).
Patrick Burr…, , Oxnard, CA
Tue Jul 31, 2012
I would suggest either the beach community or the north end of Oxnard.
Don, Home Buyer, Oxnard, CA
Sun Jul 29, 2012
I'd like to buy home in Oxnard, Please give me adviser where is good location to live.
Thank you
Don
Laura Coffey, Agent, Santa Clarita, CA
Mon May 21, 2012
Check with local authorities as to your comfort level of safe. Also see http://www.crimereport.com
Jeff McDermo…, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Mon May 21, 2012
Yes, the Shores is a good neighborhood. I have lived there for the past 12 years with my family and obviously there is crime everywhere but the Shores is a safe neighborhood.