Crime & Safety in Valparaiso>Question Details

Jesicarose13, Renter in Valparaiso, FL

Is this a safe community?

Asked by Jesicarose13, Valparaiso, FL Wed May 4, 2011

I am looking to move into an apartment on John Sims Parkway. I have to move without seeing the property and neighborhood first. Is this a safe area?

John Sims Pkwy is a major thoroughfare for the most part, so other than traffic issues this is a street that runs through both Valparaiso, Niceville and through Bluewater Bay, so it depend where on that street you will live, but it certainly has plenty of exposure. If you care to share your address I could go into further detail.
Will you be moving with your family? You didn't give the exact address but because John Sims Pkwy is a major traffic artery which means it is quite busy, the safety factor is never guaranteed. However, whoever you will be living with--if you are only 13--should be able to provide you with the safety you need, and we are a 9-1-1 community that responds quickly to all calls should you ever feel threatened. Where will you be going to school?
To find out if the area you are moving to is safe or not other than looking up crime statistics for that area you could always call the local police department and ask for the crime statistics. Hope this helps!