chessmaster3…, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Is there a 3bdrm apt. anywhere in safe areas of NYC? under 500,000?

Asked by chessmaster357, Brooklyn, NY Thu Jul 26, 2007

Answers

5
Jenet Levy, Agent, New York, NY
Thu May 17, 2012
Chessmaster357,
You won't find a 3-BR for under $500K in the brownstone neighborhoods of Brooklyn, or Windsor Terrrace (which you question is posted under). You would need to venture into further areas in the other boroughs.
Ad far as "safe" neighborhoods, I would say to locate a neighborhood where you can get what you want for the money, and then check with the local precinct on crime stats.
Maggie Dokic, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Jul 31, 2007
You may also want to check out Jackson Heights, Queens. If you do, stay north of 37th Avenue and between 74th Street and 88th Street to get the best of Jackson Heights. I lived there for over 30 years and just a few months ago sold a condo there. The neighborhood has a beautification group that works hard to keep the reputation which earned parts of Jackson Heights historical district status about 15-20 years ago. The garden communities Jackson Heights is known for and received critical acclaim for were planned in the early 1900's. Most of them are still there today. You can get more information about Jackson Heights at http://www.jhbg.org/ A big plus to JH is how close it is to transportation, and thus, Manhattan. Take a walk down 80th street from 37th to 35th Avenue and see what makes the JH community so beautiful. Discover it for yourself. I'm sure you'll be glad you did.
Web Reference:  http://www.jhbg.org/
James, ,
Mon Jul 30, 2007
This is the link which i have find it for you if u like this than go ahead and you can also view many other houses other than this go tjrough this web site http:/www.terabitz.com
Aileen-Manha…, , New York, NY
Sat Jul 28, 2007
I just did a quick search - active, off market and new listings - and found 1 in harlem. I guess it really depends on how you define "safe". I would agree with Pierre. Exercise your alternatives and have an open mind.
Pierre Calza…, Other Pro,
Thu Jul 26, 2007
Hey there, I used to sell in Brooklyn for several years - I also currently live there and I was born and raised in Manhattan. I did a search on Trulia and found the listing I linked below. It is in a good area, i do not know how close the train is, but it should be near the W or N, the address is not disclosed.

Either way, NYC has a ton of safe neighborhoods, and a ton of properties under $500K, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens have these odd reputations that really crack me up. Especially since I was born and raised on the Upper East Side (for 23 years) - I believed them too. But after being in Brooklyn for the last 7 and really, intimately knowing the whole borough, I could not be happier. The food is great (way cheaper), the culture is still here, it is very safe, a ton of families and activities, Manhattan is 45 minutes by train and less than 30 by car. So, you really need to get out here and look around - you may be surprised how great and safe these boroughs are.

Check out Park Slope, Bay ridge, Bensonhurst, Gravesend, Dyker Heights, Fort Hamilton, Carroll Gardens, Boerum Hill, Ft. greene, Clinton hill, Bed-Stuy, Williamsburg, etc... that's a start.