Is crime an issue in Parkland?

Asked by Stephan, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2007

How safe is it or does it feel to walk around? And, is this the case across the city, or are there differences in different areas?

Answers

6
Ed Poirier’s answer
Ed Poirier, Agent, Parkland, FL
Sat Apr 3, 2010
Parkland is one of the safest communities in all of South Florida. It is almost entirely residential with just a few shops in east Parkland near 441 so there is really no industrial areas or bad areas in the whole city. With less than 30,000 people it still keeps a small town feel. Also, many of the communities in Parkland are gated which helps with another level of security.
Melissa Manc…, Agent, Plainville, MA
Wed Jul 25, 2007
Hi Stephan,

Researching crimes statistics can be easily done online, but often times these sites are not updated as much as they should be. Your best bet for the most accurate and up to date information is seeking the help of a local police department and asking them to provide the police log for at least the last 12-24 months for the neighborhood and surrounding areas you are researching.

Melissa Mancini, Realtor, CBR, GRI
Web Reference:  http://MelissaBMancini.com
Rick Rapp, Agent, Parkland, FL
Wed Feb 10, 2010
Parkland feels extremely safe. In the rare instance that crime does occur the Police put true 100% effort into resolving the matter.

With loads of trails to bike and run which cross many wooded and secluded areas I have never felt a sense of worry or fear for my safety.

The town takes great pride in its residents and safety for all, I can't think of a safer place to raise a family. Parkland has remained that "Leave it to Beaver" town.

As Parkland is a rather smaller town comparatively I would state that this is the case across the city, yes.
Web Reference:  http://www.RickRapp.com
Rana Kumar, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thu Jul 26, 2007
You can't go wrong with Parkland. It is an upscale suburb with very safe neighborhoods :)
Richard Thom…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Mon Apr 23, 2007
Many people walk the street at night and crime is very low!
Gary Hitchco…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Mon Apr 23, 2007
Crime is virtually non-existant.