Is crime an issue in West Palm Beach?

Asked by J.P., Tampa, FL Mon Apr 23, 2007

How safe is it or does it feel to walk around? And, is this the case across the city, or are there differences in different areas?

Answers

3
Monir Mamoun, Agent, Denville, NJ
Sat Oct 16, 2010
Hi JP, you must check with the local police and sheriffs departments in West Palm Beach for information on these matters.

A real estate agent can get into a legal trouble for "steering" by offering opinions.

Why were several virtually identical questions of this nature posted at the exact same time for this area by people with different names?
Herman Chang, Agent, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Mon Apr 23, 2007
The crime factor in West Palm Beach will depend on the neighborhood. You will find a lot of gated communities that provide security. The West Palm Beach police do a good job of keeping the streets safe.
Molly Douglas, Agent, West Palm Beach, FL
Mon Apr 23, 2007
As in the case of any city living, petty theft can play a part in your life in historic West Palm Beach. Before you consider any area for your home, you should talk with the local authorities, visit with some neighbors as you view the areas and pull crime reports from the local police department. I walk my dog daily and fell absolutely no discomfort, and I ride my bike to the Green Market downtown and I stroll the streets of downtown, it's a wonderful place to live, THE BEST!