Crime & Safety in Columbia>Question Details

peggyadkisson, Home Buyer in Columbia, MO

Is 4811 angelo ct columbia mo 65202 a safe area for elderly people?

Asked by peggyadkisson, Columbia, MO Sun Mar 25, 2012

Answers

4
Hello Peggy,

There are various laws and regulations that prohibit real estate agents from characterizing a neighborhood as "safe" or not. However, we are allowed to point you to resources that will provide you information that may help you decide how you feel about a given location. There is a wealth of information on our city's official website http://www.gocolumbiamo.com including crime statistics mapped out by location. Go to the website and look under the "Public safety & courts" tab. I hope this helps.

Steve Strawn
REMAX Boone Realty
33 E Broadway Ste 200
Columbia, MO 65203
573.876.2814
sstrawn@realtor.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 25, 2012
You can find local crime statistics on City of Columbia's police dept. website. I believe they use raidsonline.com
Might I also suggest raidsonline.com. You can search criminal activity by the type of crime committed, date range, area. Unfortunately, it only offers select cities (Raytown, Lees Summit, and Columbia) in Missouri. However, it is a very resourceful site for those in the cities it serves. It is by no means an end all be all, but it can be very helpful if used as a source for supplemental information.
Steve is right on track with his advice...as real estate professionals, we are not to provide personal judgements about the safety of any specific location.

At any given moment, what the public has considered as having a high degree of "safety" could change immediately; so, don't completely rely upon crime stats for a given area.

Now, if you are asking if a house is "safe", as in accessible, a real estate professional (such as myself) could visit a property For Sale to audit the home's general safety. Type of flooring, lighting, design, steps, door widths, etc. all are important aspects in ensuring the home will meet one's needs. If you would like such assistance, and are not already working with a real estate agent, I'd be happy to discuss this further with you. My number is 573.310.9664 or email is JenniferStoker@earthlink.net