Is Mt Tabor considered a safe neighborhood?

Asked by Giulia, Troutdale, OR Thu Jan 29, 2009

My husband, my dogs and I love Mt Tabor: as soon as possible we go there to walk, or just to enjoy the nice vibe that area has. We are considering moving over there if we find the right house for us. We live in a suburban area east side of Portland, very close to the Columbia Gorge: it is a bit boring for a couple with no kids, but very safe. We haven't moved yet, mainly because the Gorge is just 5 minutes away! We saw some listings on SE Stark street that we like very much, but we don't know how safe is that area. Thank you very much for any help.

Answers

3
Steve Roesch, Agent, Portland, OR
Thu Jan 29, 2009
http://www.portlandmaps.com
maps crime as well as all the other information you need to research a Portland property. I research many markets in the US, and this is is one of the best resource a city offers to online browsers.

just plug in the address or area, go under the maps tab, and then under crime tab. You can even narrow down the type of crime. (if you cared too) if you ask me. all crime is bad.

Just remember, no neighborhood is perfect. So expect some level of crime. By the way, check your neighborhood too, before making a judgement about another neighborhood. So you have a baseline for what you consider Safe, and use it as a comparison.

Happy shopping.
Web Reference:  http://www.portlandmaps.com
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Jan 29, 2009
Guilia,

The best source for this information is to contact the local police department or county sheriff's department. they have access to the most up to date and accurate information and are generally very willing to be helpful.

Giulia, , Troutdale, OR
Thu Jan 29, 2009
To Steve Roesch
Thank you so much. The neighborhood where I live is so quiet that is borderline boring, so some level of crime doesn't concern me! I would never judge especially because I lived in Italy all of my life, very close to Rome, which can be compared to New York regarding crime. I was more concerned about theft and burglary than anything else, because the house I like has just 1 car garage, and we have 3 cars. Anyway, I found all the info I needed on the link you sent.

To Bill Eckler
Thank you very much, that is a great idea, and probably they have all the latest data about that. Thanks again. Giulia