Crime & Safety in Hazlet>Question Details

J.c., Home Buyer in Hazlet, NJ

I was wondering about the trailer parks on Middle Road in Hazlet... is it a safe neighborhood?

Asked by J.c., Hazlet, NJ Mon Sep 12, 2011

Answers

5
Francesca Patrizio’s answer
J.C.,

As you can see from the girls responses below, we Realtors are prohibited from directly answering your question . . therefore, please do not be frustrated with us. The suggestions you have been given below are all great responses.

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate, ePro, SRES
Gloria Nilson REALTORS, Real Living
732.606.2931
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 12, 2011
I lived on Middle Road perhaps a few blocks from the mobile home park by Raritan High School. In respect to your question about safety, for the 12 years I lived in the town I was amazed at both the lack of crime and feeling of safety within the community.

In the summer there were small instances of sporadic transient crime, mostly correlated to the NJ Shore season I believe, but most definitely infrequent. In fact, I never locked my doors while I lived there.

In respect to taxation, township services and the overall state of NJ, many things have changed unfortunately and I am glad to be free from that town and the state. Whether at the local level of Hazlet, Monmouth County, or the State they have all lost their understanding that they are there to serve the residents. Egos run free without bounds.

Simple example, the township does not take phone calls. You have to "leave a message" and they call you back. In fairness they do call you back in a day or two, but this is an insane practice, most specifically considering the high tax rate in Hazlet. A town government that works by voice mail response is an absolute abomination in my view.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 14, 2012
no one stops YOU from asking the landlord, (owner of the property) to povide you this information
We as agents would love to provide information but It is illigal for agents to answer this question, not only here but any property in the state.
Maybe you should call the State rep and ask why the state have such a restriction
When it comes to any safety concerns, your best source of accurate and up to the minute information is the local police department; therefore consider a call/visit and ask all your questions, hear all firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area, do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods...
My opinion yes indeed........go drive through and check it out at different times of the day.Especially school time to see how many children might live there.Hazlet is a very finacially diverse town with a different kinds of home for all
I have lived in Hazlet all my life so I can tell you that the trailer parks in town are not an issue. Most towns have low income housing even in towns like Holmdel. I believe that the Hazlet Trailer Park owners have a set of requirements and list of rules that they follow. This house is located close to the Holmdel border line so the middle road trailer parks do not come into play when considering this house.
Flag Sun Oct 11, 2015