Crime & Safety in Orlando>Question Details

Ericabishop, Renter in Kansas City, MO

I want to move to Orlando in about a year. But I am a felon. I need a safe place to rent that will also allow me to rent with a criminal history.

Asked by Ericabishop, Kansas City, MO Tue Jul 3, 2012

Answers

4
Carl Head’s answer
Hi Erica,

Thanks for considering TRULIA for your rental home search.

I don’t think being a convicted felon will automatically preclude you from finding a rental property in Orlando. Just as with bad credit, most property owners and property management companies will consider renting to someone with a criminal history on a case-by-case basis. The seriousness of the charge, how much time has elapsed since your conviction, how you’ve managed to stay out of trouble since then….these things should all be taken in to consideration.

You have some time before you need to move. I recommend starting your search 30-60 days before you actually need to move in.

I hope this is helpful. Please contact me directly carlrealtycenter@aol.com if I can help you with anything further.

Carl Head
Realty Center-Orlando
Erica,

It depends on the nature of the felony, and they my take you on a case by case situation.

Best wishes,

VP
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 22, 2012
Speak to a social worker, we're real estate professionals.
Erica,

That is a very hard question to answer. Felonies like bad credit will follow you for the rest of your life. Let the year go by and stay out of trouble.

Best of luck,
René