iluvmusic137, Renter in Garden City, NY

I want to move Garden City, NY,I am a single African-American mother is Garden City racially tolerant?

Asked by iluvmusic137, Garden City, NY Thu Aug 16, 2012

Answers

9
Heather’s answer
I don't really live there, I worked there. It's a predominantly white neighborhood and is probably one of the nicer ones in Nassau. Unfortunately idk how to gauge how 'tolerant' an area is. I've never been hassled by anyone. I do feel like I stick out in the area sometimes (I'm a black female). I think what you'll find is more classism than racism but that's my take on things. The amenities of living there trump almost anything though in my opinion. Hope that helped.
Hi Heather, thanks so much for taking the time to answer me, I really appreciate this. I would have to agree with you, Garden City is one of the nicer areas in Nassau County, and yes, your reply does help
Flag Wed Aug 22, 2012
Visit any neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 17, 2012
Try talking to neighbors, checking out crime statistics with the local police department, etc. A REALTOR cannot comment on the "desirability" of a particular neighborhood and/or development.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Serving Long Island & Queens
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
Fax:(631)236-1478
cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
Your Trusted Real Estate Professional for Life!"
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 16, 2012
Money is GREEN, not black or white. You have the money to live there ,,,,than you will be tolerated. If you treat your kids, like the precious gift from God, and not like they are farm animals , you will be excepted.
As others have mentioned, you are asking a question that realtors can't answer for you. I would suggest talking to any friends or co-workers about living on Long Island, especially which communities are most open and accepting. The most important thing is that your children's classmates would be racially tolerant if you plan to have them attend the public schools.

You have not said whether you are looking to buy or rent. If you are looking to buy, I have placed many loans for clients in Garden City, for everything from co-ops and condos to larger homes, and would be happy to help you from that end.
Garden city is an area that is tolerant of everyone as long as you are rich..if your money is green you will fit in..but you better have a lot of it.
I am a Garden City real estate agent and it's a great town to live in, to walk to stores in town, and for your kids to go to school here. If you'd like someone who specializes in Garden City, I can help you.

Best regards, Roger Drake, Taylor Warner Realty, 631-495-2676
Thank you very much for replying, I will give you a call later this week, again thanks for taking the time to reply.
Flag Tue Aug 28, 2012
Take a peep at my testimonialas at http://www.jnationproperties.com, i'm a seasoned buyers agent and can help you.
I am afraid you are asking questions that Realtors are unable to respond to.

I would be happy to work with you and I know that I speak for all of my agents.

Gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com