I want to know why it is only 62 out of 100 for walkability?

Asked by klwfromca, Long Beach, CA Fri Apr 26, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Long_Beach/sold/14089…

Answers

4
klwfromca, Renter, Long Beach, CA
Fri Apr 26, 2013
Thank you for clearing that up. I was under the impression that it was not safe to walk in the area, but I understand that it is about the access to local business in the area. Have a nice day!
Nancy Cardena, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Fri Apr 26, 2013
Looks like the score may be a matter of opinion too. This condo is close to tons of shopping: groceries, places like Target, parks, restaurants and a nice jaunt to the Lakewood Mall. It's best to check out a property for yourself and see what is within walking distance and then form your own opinion. Make sure you have good shoes!
Norbert Such…, Agent, Norman, OK
Fri Apr 26, 2013
A walkability score is a rating of how close various local points of interest or businesses are from that particular property. In other words, is a shopping mall, grocery store, or coffee shop, etc., within walking distance from a particular piece of property that is being rated. The further away amenities are, the lower the walkability score. Hope this answers your question.
Jeremy Lehman, Agent, Garden Grove, CA
Fri Apr 26, 2013
The walkability score can be a little misleading and refers to the ability to access services and entertainment, among othe things, within walking distance. Manhattan would probably rank a perfect score, so keeping that in mind, most properties in California don't score very well.