I wanna buy a condo at Oak Ct, Daly city, yet I am pretty concerned about the crime rate around that area,

Asked by Jia Wong, 94022 Wed Apr 16, 2008

does anybody has any idea as where can I get the relevant info.?

Answers

5
J Mario Preza, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Wed Aug 4, 2010
If you're concerned about safety versus crime rate, you may find that this part of Daly City has nominal index for crimes, particularly if you're considering the areas or developments that require entry codes and the likes. Then again, if getting statistics on crime rates in any given area are a major concern, one need only type into any search engine online those key words for the given community and you'll get literally dozens of sites that will filter the statistics you seek. However, the best way I have found for most people who want to buy any where at any time and feel relatively good about the neighborhood is to drive the area you've targeted and to drive it at different times of the day -- prior to committing to it, that is. I recall showing a few condos to prospective buyers in a neighborhood that was considered nice, Diamond Heights, and following this strategy, the buyer uncovered enclaves or pockets of low income housing in this otherwise pricey area of San Francisco. Let's remember though, unless you're going to be buying a gated mansion in an isolated community far away from the hustle and bustle of an urban setting, finding a place that has no possibility of any undesirable elements is nearly impossible. But, if you keep an open mind about what you're willing to accept, you'll find that you can locate a good place that you can call home. Oh, and I have sold properties in and around the are you mention, and I don't recall there being any reason to be alarmed at possible safety issues. Hope this helps.
Green Gal, , Daly City, CA
Thu Jun 11, 2009
Unfortunately, I have different answer. I actually lived in the Oak Court complex and well it is a nice condo complex but our first week of moving in, our house was broken into by the neighborhood hoodlums! In the daytime. They kicked down the door and stole everything in the master bedroom. Another time the house was broken into through the bathroom like a week later, and since the alarm went off they did not know what to do and went back out. Our car has been broken into (that was parked right outside the house) they broke the passenger window. There is no security patroling I didn't feel safe. At night you can see people walking in after the cars go in, so the gate doesn't really matter. Also there is no parking! You get one parking for 1 car, but if you have people visiting you beware if you do not have the Saddleback car hanger, you will be towed! I don't know where HOA fees go since the clubhouse is only used for meetings. It also depends on your neighbors, there are alot of people renting in the complex so many units have many occupants so it is always different. From our experience living there, save yourself some grief and look somewhere else!
Herb Schmule…, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Wed Nov 19, 2008
Did you ever buy something there?
I recently sold something at Saddleback and was never really worried about anything. The gated community seemed to be fine. There was a tenant in the unit I sold. She was retired and never felt fear of any type. She really seemed to like it there.

thanks
No Name, Home Buyer, Daly City, CA
Mon Aug 25, 2008
Try the Daly City Police Department and ask them how they respond to crimes. How many serious crimes get reported to them and if they are on top of their investigations. I have personal experience with them and do not think Daly City is the place you want to move to if you're worried about crime. For a brutal rape and beating, They did nothing for four months and never even contacted me with any information. I know for a fact that DCPD is not on top of their game. Please be careful. I know this does not happen all the time but when it does it should be looked into.
Cristina Weg…, Agent, San Mateo, CA
Wed Apr 16, 2008
I used to live in 1311 Ridge Court in Saddleback condo myself. The family is getting big and that is the only reason we sold our condo and move to a Single Family house. I lived there for 10 years and never had a problem in the area. My kids enjoy trick or treating in the complex and parking was never a problem unlike other condos. I really like the gated condo and it is very safe for my family. Yes, it is close to Visitacion Valley but that area is on the other side and the area has gotten better since there housing has been demolished few years back. Right now I live in Bay Ridge drive which is across Saddleback area. This alone tells you that I have never had the problem in the area. and that is why I still chose to live around there. I strongly recommend Saddleback if you want to buy a condo. I can send you some listings in the complex if you want. You can email me at cristyweg@comcast.net if you have more questions.