I'm a caucasian Canadian who's never been to Pittsburgh. Here, we blend all races and nationalities. I'm

Asked by Paul Stallion, Pittsburgh, PA Sat Jun 7, 2008

wondering whether whites and blacks live peacefully in Pittsburgh neighbourhoods which are predominantly the opposite? I'd like to purchase a home in Hazelwood in particular, near Irvine Street.

Answers

3
Eileen Musser…, Home Owner, York, PA
Sat Jun 7, 2008
It might be a good idea to take a trip to observe. Nobody can tell you as much as you might learn when you are there for yourself.
Mim Heisey, , Shippensburg, PA
Mon Jun 9, 2008
Eileen has a good answer. Neighborhoods as well as cities have unique character. A personal trip to the areas you are considering will most likely be a well spent investment.
raemaeg, , Doylestown, PA
Mon Jun 9, 2008
Paul,
You are likely not to see very many answers in regard to this post. As realtors we are bound by a very strict code of ethics and the federal fair housing act. Therefore, there is very little we can say. I have lived for 5 years in Southern Ontario, an hour from Toronto-the most ethnically diverse city in the world. I am familiar with some of the cultural differences you are alluding to. I would love to be of assistance to you in your search, however geographically this is not possible. If you need a referral to a local agent sensitive to your concerns please let me know and I will be happy to asist you.

Raegan Guelich
Prudential Fox & Roach-Doylestown
raeganguelich@prufoxroach.com
215-817-7185