I just got a new job in North Miami. How safe are the areas east and west of Biscayne?

Asked by Edward James Kalafus, Santa Monica, CA Sat Jun 21, 2008

Answers

7
Ines Hegedus…, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Jun 24, 2008
Fair Housing laws prevent agents from telling you which areas are "safer". I would highly recommend that you drive around the area, talk to neighbors and ask local postal workers (they have the best stories). You can also visit the local police department and get an inside scoop on the "high crime" areas within North Miami.
Your price range will also determine where, within North Miami or the surrounding neighborhoods you will be able to buy.
Take a look at this article I wrote about Miami Crime to get an idea of what locals think,
Ines
Ines Hegedus…, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Aug 17, 2010
Ed,
Unfortunately, discussing "safety" of an area may be a very fine line to cross when it comes to Fair Housing Laws.
I always guide my clients to miamidade.gov for more information and make sure to visit local police sites as well to get information.
Terri Decubas, , Fort Lauderdale, FL
Tue Aug 17, 2010
east of Biscayne boulevard from about 125th street and up are all good. Be cautious of areas east of Biscayne and going south of that until about 95th street to about 80th. If you want west of Biscayne I would suggest more towards the Aventura area and north of that a ways.
Denise August, , 33138
Mon Aug 17, 2009
I have lived in this area for 25 years. I love it. I live in a 33 acre gated community and I have lived in a single family home in this area. I have never had a problem.
Lizgorder, Both Buyer And Seller, 33161
Sat Jun 13, 2009
I live East of Biscayne, in North Miami and my neighborhood is safe and quiet . I am selling my home and have noticed people overlook the neighborhood because most of the homeowners have owned the homes for 30-40 years and have no intention of selling since it's by the bay, so they haven't upgraded the homes to today's higher-end standards. These are things people overlook when looking at neighborhoods. New money sometimes attracts more crime than a lower-key, older neighborhood. I highly recommend my neighborhood when it comes to safety, and my other neighbors will attest to this also, we are all proud of this fact!!
Catherine Go…, , Miami Beach, FL
Sun Jun 22, 2008
I think you would want to stay East of Biscayne. Both my father-in-law and sister-in-law live there and are liking it very much. I'm sure we could find you a cute condo or rental in a gated community so you wouldn't have to worry about safety. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I'll be more than happy to help you with you search. I know the area pretty well. Good luck. Catherine.
RN, , Miami, FL
Sat Jun 21, 2008
There are numerous neighborhoods east and west of Biscayne, but you need to do your research on that. I can tell you that as you go further east, things get more expensive. Call me and we can discuss things in more detail, and I can point you to some resources to research the crime stats more thoroughly.