I am looking the possibility of purchasing in this area. I would like to know is it family oriented and of mixed races.

Asked by janeece38, Fort Worth, TX Wed Nov 14, 2012

Answers

11
The United Home Team’s answer
The United H…, Agent, Mansfield, TX
Mon Dec 3, 2012
" MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"

Feel free to contact me for more information to your question. I will answer you this much I am not at liberty to answer questions based off of race however I can instruct you to drive through the neighborhood. As far as getting an idea of the crime rates and or safety concerns feel free to contact the local police departments. Third party websites are garbage and typically only reflect crimes that were document and or if an arrest were made. Thank you for your time.

Real Estate Consultant
Joseph Fernandez
cell: 817-975-7258
off: 817-635-1157
Rick DeVoss, Agent, Ft Worth, TX
Thu Nov 15, 2012
Hey, thanks Joe! I just learned something: I did not know that you could change a response on here after entering it. Well, I guess it just goes to prove that we can all learn something every day no matter how long we've been in Real Estate. ~And 33 years is a long time...

Which tab do you have to click on to revise your response? Is is the "delete" button? I was afraid that would just erase the whole thing. This Trulia site is not very user friendly. A few minutes ago, while I was typing in a long letter to Mr. Felan, I clicked over to see his profile, and when I came back, my entire letter had been erased and lost. At my age, it's very hard to remember what you just wrote and I had to start all over. Ugh! I would also like the ability to use italics, bold print, and other normal word processing features...not available on Trulia.

But the main point of our inputs on here should be toward educating the public and answering their specific questions --- when allowed by law and the Code of Ethics. It really bugs me when agents from another state try to throw in their two cents worth when they don't know Texas Law. Most of them don't have a license in another state, similar to my New Mexico license. And newly licensed agents in Texas have to be careful how they respond to such questions, as I am sure Mr. Felan knows by now. I shall just hope his Broker will give him some further guidance in this area.

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com

====================
Rick DeVoss, Agent, Ft Worth, TX
Wed Nov 14, 2012
You are so right, Joe. It is very probable that most customers don't care a thing about half the stuff that Realtors write on here! Sometimes I am totally amazed at the things that are said in this forum. I do appreciate your quick references to the Code of Ethics, and the speed with which you responded to these communications. I also hope that Mr. Felan takes note of these instructions, and that he attends a few more MCE courses to update his knowledge in this very tricky area of advertising on the intenet.

Too many agents throw unrelated garbage on here when they attempt to respond to a question that has been posted by a lay person. Some don't take the time to read the question and understand it. This lady didn't even specify which part of Tarant County she was talking about! And the city of Fort Worth covers a lot of territory. I don't think any one Agent can be totally knowledgeable of the entire city, and yet many profess to be able to "represent the client's best interests." It would seem that many Agents are just looking for another commission check and not really puting the interests of the client above their own. That is what "Buyer Representation" is all about!

One of the things we can do on here, and in similar forums, is to give the buyers an idea of what we specialize in, and what our expertise is in. Heck, any idiot can unlock the door to a house. But you and I have different qualifications and experience levels to offer a client. For example: I have specialized in helping people improve their credit scores so they can qualify to get a loan to buy a house. (Right now is a good time to lock in 3.25% for the next 30 years, like the one I just closed.)
When I worked for a credit repair company, I became a Certified Instructor in Credit Repair. Many people like to do business with someone they trust. Since I spent 22 years in the Air Force, and am a retired pilot, there are many customers out there who would like to work with someone they can relate to. They may be veterans who are interested in getting a VA loan, and I've used my VA loan so I have first-hand knowledge about it. I am also an Energy Conslutant with a large Dallas-based company, and many people these days are very conscious about saving money on their electric bills, so they like to business with someone who can help them with that. (My last customer is saving over $1,200 a year on their utility bill --- every year for the rest of their life!)

These things are not "silly" in the minds of many buyers, and they may be important to establishing rapport. If one is going to offer the fiduciary responsibility of representing a client, one likes to work with people whom you have a rapport with, and a certain level of trust. ~And don't forget: not everyone drinks coffee, either...

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com
====================
Rick DeVoss, Agent, Ft Worth, TX
Wed Nov 14, 2012
To Agent George Felan:

It is interesting to note that you do not provide an email address for anyone to contact you with.

It is also interesting to notice that you are "advertising" on the internet without disclosing the name of your firm or the name of your Broker. Do you know what TREC has to say about that?

When you got your degree in business administration, and the one in education, did they teach you about the federal and state laws that prohibit participating in any discriminatory practices at all when you are acting as a licensed Real Estate agent? Did they provide you with the NAR Code of Ethics that all Realtors are bound to comply with?

We realize that you are a newly licensed agent, but this does not in any way releave you of the responsibility to comply with all the rules and regulations. This customer asked a question directly relating to racial make up of the neighborhood, and the familial status of the homeowners there. You offered to participate by providing her with resources that would answer her concerns. One has to wonder how a TREC investigator would view that communication.

Perhaps you DO live in that area, but just where is that area?? ---The consumer did not specify which part of "Fort Worth" she was talking about. Maybe you are proud of the Fort Worth neighborhood you got your degree in, but you seem not so proud of the fact that your office is in Dallas(!), since you did not reference a Broker or even the name of your office.

Perhaps you find this market to be challenging, and you may feel that you don't have enough customers to support your desired lifestyle. But that is no excuse for trying to bribe a customer to become a client. (I do pray that you know the difference between those two terms!) If the only way you feel you can gain customers is to buy them by flashing a $500-bill at them, I suggest you go back to the field of education, or business administration, where you got your degrees and work in that area where you may be more qualified. (You're also less likely to get sued or fined there.)

This is a forum for answering the questions of the public. It is not really a forum for your personal advertising. And if you ARE going to advertise here, or in any other media, I suggest strongly that you learn how to comply with all of the regulations governing the behavior of licensed agents. These lessons are not taught in the courses you took at TCU or UNT. This is real world, practical knowledge that all Realtors need to know. Try taking a course in "Buyer Representation" as soon as another one is offered. Go to one taught by an attorney. Or call J.C. Johnson, and he will answer your questions. Give him this very hypothetical situation, and see what he has to say about it.

~Or just call your Broker and ask for their opinion on the implications of your actions.

Good luck! I hope you are part of the 20% of new agents who last longer than 2 years in the business.

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services ----Broker: Luis Martinez

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com

====================
George Felan, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Wed Nov 14, 2012
I just want to reiterate that I have a real masters degree from a real university.
John Straub, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Good Afternoon Janeece
The agents below are correct it is considered a violation of Fair Housing to answer the questions that you specifically asked. However there is a tremendous amount of additional information that can be shared with you about the area which you are asking. I am including a link to that information below. Best of luck to you with your home search, and if you do need assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

John Straub
817-729-4281
john@dfwfamilyrealty.com

http://www.dfwfamilyrealty.info
RJ Salerno, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Those are real good questions and when you figure them out....give me call and we'll do home shopping together. Best of luck to you on you hunt.
Rick DeVoss, Agent, Ft Worth, TX
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Dear J.

Your question is a bit broad for anyone to answer here. You seem to be focusing on "location", which is the most important factor to most people buying Real Estate. But you said "in this area", and we don't know WHICH area you mean. Fort Worth, and Tarrant County cover a large area. ~And if you are concerned about the best schools for your children, they are not in "Fort Worth" anyway. They are in the Northeast suburbs.

Policemen, or former policemen, may be able to give you all kinds of demographics or statistics about the makeup of the population. But it is ILLEGAL for a Realtor to do any kind of racial profiling. (Not just "unethical" --Joe.)

Here's what I suggest you do: Contact an experienced Realtor to show you houses in the price range you can afford. Narrow it down to the school districts you prefer. Then go out and get familiar with the neighborhoods, and see which ones you like best. Driving around the neighborhood on the weekend is a great idea. Asking questions of the neighbors is your best source of opinions about the neighborhood. (THEY aren't bound by ethical or legal restrictions!)

There are hundreds of good Realtors in the area. Pick one that you think you might be compatible with. For example: I have over 32 years of experience and the equivalent of a masters degree in Real Estate. ...if that is important to you. I am a Vietnam veteran, who was a pilot, and taught American Airlines pilots how to fly a jet. I am also a licensed Life Insurance Agent, and a Certified Instructor in Credit Repair. And as an Energy Consultant, I can help you save some money on your electric bills.

Anyway, the bottom line is that you can't get that type of question answered on a website like this. Call a Realtor. Find out what you are financially qualified for. And then go out and look at some houses that fit your parameters. ...You won't buy a house off of a website.

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com

====================
George Felan, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Janeece,

Give me a call e-mail and I will provide you with resources that can answer your concerns. I would be happy to assist you in finding your dream home and ideal community. I live in this area and am proud of what we've accomplished. I am a twice degreed (TCU and UNT) professional whom you can trust to protect your interest. Plus, if you use me as your buyer's representative, I will pay you a $500 cash rebate at closing!!!

Will await your response!

George
Mindy Lowry, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Sorry I realized a typo after I posted...my site is http://www.clickpickandmove.com...thanks, Mindy Lowry
Mindy Lowry, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Wed Nov 14, 2012
My best suggestion always is to drive the area you are thinking about and maybe even chat with some neighbors. The weekends are always a great time to get a true feel for an area. There are sites that you can view demographics about areas on. You can go to my website http://www.cllickpickandmove.com. Then click on the local links, click on Fort Worth and go to their site. There are links here to find out more about neigbhorhoods. You can also click on school reports on my site to find out more about an area.

Realtors are not allowed to advise anyone legally about family orienation or racial stats. I just suggest to my clients that they check crime stats and visit areas in person to see where they want to move.

Good luck and feel free to contact me with more questions..

Thanks, Mindy Lowry RE/MAX 682-559-1246 cell