I am looking into purchasing a home in Castor Gardens 19149 -- Lynford Ave. How is the area in terms of?

Asked by Billy, Audubon, NJ Mon Mar 31, 2008

crime and such?

Answers

4
Robert A. Ma…, , Northeast Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
Thu Feb 11, 2010
Billy-
Castor Gardens is a great section of the city. It is close to schools, shopping and public transportation. It is also minutes from all major road ways. The homes range from around 120k on up. A great resource to help you is simply searching Google with the zip code (just type the zip code in the search bar). I specialize in this area and would be happy to help you. Give me a call if you need any help!
-Robert A. Martini
REALTOR, ePRO
Keller Williams Real Estate
215.605.5497
Rob@PaDreamHouses.com
Nhlfan26, Home Buyer,
Wed Oct 1, 2008
Dude, buy at your own peril. I could never understand the almost doubling in value of most of the lower Northeast, yet the neighborhood somehow got worse. What amazes me is the fact that because people from worse neighborhoods were able to buy houses with little down, bad credit not to mention the speculation from New York which IMO artificially drove up prices.

You'll be seeing SoCal/Florida/Michigan type declines here. Not a matter of if, but when. Look at the prices in the late 1990s. They will revert to those levels. Don't let these hotshot relators fool you.
Thresa Fortu…, , 19149
Tue Apr 1, 2008
I lived in the 19149 section of northest for 7 years and still currently live there. I love this area especially for raising children. Please contact me if you need any thing or have any other questions. you can contact me at fortunateentities@verizon.net or visit my web page to get an idea of my other venues.
., , Philadelphia, PA
Mon Mar 31, 2008
Hi Billy,

I live in the 19111 section of Northeast Philadelphia, and I love the neighborhood and my neighbors. Castor Gardens is a good area as well. Philadelphia is a block by block city, no one block is the same. Your personal preview of the neighborhood of course is key.

Please visit my site, and check out some listings when you get a chance.