Cmelton271, Home Buyer in Brandon, MS

I am looking in the North Woods area at forclosed homes. I notice some broken windows and vandolizom in the homes. Is this area safe? Is crime high?

Asked by Cmelton271, Brandon, MS Mon Apr 9, 2012

I am curious if the area around Cumberland rd has break-ins or is it just because the houses I looked in have been vacant for a whil?. Or are there a lot of unsupervised children in the area?

Answers

4
Molly, Home Owner, Brandon, MS
Fri Apr 13, 2012
I have lived in this neighborhood for 20 years and have found it to be quite safe. My car was broken into once several years ago and my CD's stolen. Since then I make sure it is ALWAYS locked. Otherwise, there have been no problems. My daughter is now 16 and has always felt safe out walking with friends or riding her bike.
Ashley McAdo…, Agent, Brandon, MS
Tue Apr 10, 2012
This is a nice area and in a great school district. As with any area, if a house sits vacant long enough, there will be vandalism. I do not think this is a high-crime area. If you are interested in looking at any homes in this or any surrounding areas, I would love to assist you. Thanks!

Ashley McAdory
601-927-4348
Web Reference:  http://www.ashleymcadory.com
Ashley McAdo…, Agent, Brandon, MS
Tue Apr 10, 2012

Ashley McAdory
601-927-4348
Mindy Dotson, Agent, Ridgeland, MS
Tue Apr 10, 2012
The truth is that abandoned homes are targets for vandals. This can happen anywhere. Also, some teens are just looking for something to do. I cannot speak as to the fact of having unsupervised children in the neighborhood. I personally believe that there are unsupervised children in every neighborhood, regardless of price range. That being said, the area that you are asking about is an area of homes that are in the the under $100K range. Some homeowners in this neighborhood take care of their property, and some do not. Some homes have no garage, so there is no place to store some items and the owners may choose to have a lot of things visible from the road. Lower priced home areas may have a higher incident in crime and then again, they may not. It really depends of the current residents, and the choices that they have made for their lifestyle. My best advice is to call the local police station to ask about the crime in this neighborhood. They can give you the most accurate information in that regard.