George, Home Buyer in 10473

I am considering buying in Clason Point, Bronx and would like to know how safe is it to walk the streets or for home burglaries and violent crime?

Asked by George, 10473 Mon Dec 7, 2009

Answers

3
Nirmala Cara…, Agent, Bronx, NY
Mon Dec 7, 2009
Dear George,

Good morning.

As an agent we cannot comment on specific neighborhoods as it is against the law for us to do so. But I would like you to know that I grew up around the Bruckner/White Plains Road section of the Bronx. My parents always kept an eye on us but if one is looking for trouble, I am sure you will find it.

My only concern for you, is regarding public transportation. There is the Bx. 39, Bx. 36 and Bx. 6 that runs alongs part of Clason Point but no trains. You will have to take a bus to the No. 6. At night in any area that are always sketchy people out. If you drive, don't worry about it.

I would also sugget you contact the 43rd Precinct located at 900 Fteley Avenue. They are responsible for this section of the Bronx. Another great way to find out, is to take a walk around the specific area you are interested in buying in. I usually do a community drive with my clients, they always get a better perspective of the area, the good, the bad, etc.

If you have any additional question, please give me a call to discuss. I would be happy to show you around.

Nirmala Caraballo
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Cruse Realty
1408 White Plains Road
Bronx, NY 10462
Tel.: 646-479-7873
Email: nhcaraballo@yahoo.com
Robin Lynch, , Westchester County, NY
Wed Apr 21, 2010
Hi George,

A good place to reference community living is the New York Times. Here is their most recent article on Clason Point.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/28/realestate/28livi.html?scp…

Robin Lynch
Keller Williams Realty Group
914-315-6182
David Smithen, Landlord, Eastchester, NY
Mon Dec 7, 2009
By going further go to a local store and feel the view late at knight. Also ask around. And best alternative if you don't want to rely on Trulia charts is to stop by the local Police precinct and ask for specific data...