Cable Brenay, Home Buyer in Colorado Springs, CO

I am PCSing in the next 6 months to Ft. Carson, where is a reasonable place to live? Not to close to post but not in the boonies either.

Asked by Cable Brenay, Colorado Springs, CO Fri Apr 9, 2010

I also plan on starting a family and want to keep them safe while Im away. Is there anywhere that should be avoided? What real estate companies are quality? Which ones are friendly to first time buyers?

Answers

9
Jamie Heath’s answer
Where are you PCSing from? What's your MOS? Neither of those have to do with real estate, just curious as I was Army EOD.

Well, I guess where you are PCSing from matters some. Folks coming from San Diego think it's cheap here while folks from Bragg or Hood think it's crazy expensive.

Jamie Heath

Heath Real Estate
Colorado Springs, CO
http://www.jamieheath.com
Hello Cable,

Your can go to this website: http://www.findcoloradospringshomes.com and search for homes in the Colorado Springs area. We are not pesky real estate agents and we won't bug you. You can call or email us at any time with questions and we will get you the information you require. Good Luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 29, 2010
Hi Cable,

You can call the Colorado Springs Police Department to check out crime statistics for free. Their # is (719) 444-7000. As agents, we aren't allowed to say what is considered a crime area, but we can give you info on where to look this information up at. If you plan on living outside the city limits you can call the sheriff's Department at (719) 484-8100.

I would say most real estate company's are quality companies and most realtors specialize in First Time Homebuyers. To pick a realtor that you feel comfortable with I would start checking out the BBB, check out reviews of the realtor on Trulia.com and Zillow.com. Make sure the realtor will be available for you when you are in town. You can also start the process now before getting here by skyping or facetime. Then possibly flying out here to check out the top picks to make a final decision. Most of our buyers do prefer to fly out 1 month prior to moving here to check out houses for a week and then go under contract. This way when you arrive you have a home to move into. I can come pick you up at the airport if you would like, get your settled into your hotel and then we can go out house hunting. Our # is (719) 393-PINK (7465).
I go the extra mile for my clients. If you are coming to Colorado Springs, and can't get here to view the property in person, I will Tango the property with you. I have had great success in helping new comers to Colorado Springs find the exact home they want.

Call me 719-591-1575. No pressure just a helping hand.
janiewalker2012@gmail.com

If you are PCSsing when you get about 30 days out call me. 719-591-1575 I assist a lot of familes moving into this area either to buy or rent. Rentals go so quickly, so do not start looking until you are about 30-45 days out. Send me an email, and let me know what your budget is, how many bedrooms, and what kind of pets you have.

Be advised this is not a state that will welcome the more aggressive breds. Not just because of the implied nature of the pets, but because most homeowner's insurance and landlord policies will cancel on those owners if they find out that the more aggressive breds are in the properties.

I am a licensed realestate agent and the client you lease from pays my fee. This is a free service to you.
Hi Cable, I think what you will find is that real estate, just like many other industries, has individual realtors that are quality, integrity based and about the customers interests vs. a real estate company. I hope that is helpful.

In terms of a safe area what I have found and heard from customers is that it really depends on what is important to you and your family. I have a customer who is a state trooper and he sent me a website link to check crime stats. I forward that a lot for individuals & families to check on specific areas and/or home addresses that they like.

First time home buyers probably get the most from agents who respond to them, are patient and willing to explain the entire process, the language/verbage that may be new to you and very willing to show many houses and areas. You will also find that you can get recommendations for people, places and things you need as you move here (mechanic, child care, shopping, restaurants and other take for granted things that we all need & use.

Real estate is sometimes the easy part it is the relationship that is created that is important.

Call or email if there are other questions that I can help you with.

Kelly Young
Red Rock Realty

719-226-0126
Cable,
Thank you, to you and your wife, so much for serving our country. We cannot be more greatful for our freedom because of people that serve! The spouses that support those in service are awesome too!
I am a Native of Colorado Springs, and yes we have lots of wonderful places to live here in the city.
I work with Keller Williams Realty, I know that I can assist you in your search of a home in our city. Please contact me with what you are looking for in a home, and what activities you like to do, I can set you up on a web page that will send you homes that meet your desires.
Will you be visiting the city prior to your move here? I love working with first time home buyers and would be honored to be of service to you!
Cable,
Thank you for serving our country. By reasonable do you mean close to activies or being close to convenience. If you like to go hiking or biking the West side has a lot of trails and close to the mountains to get to the national forest. As far as schools go I recommend that you check out http://www.colorado.gov click on education and then click on parents for all the school district websites.
Please give me a call or email me through my website-I'd be glad to assist you with your home search. I can set up a personalized website for you to see what's available in your price range once I get a few details about what you are looking for. Please check out my website - and get back to me if you would like further assistance. I'd appreciate a chance at your business.