I SEE a Prison 9 mins away from here but no crime?

Asked by W Chevalier, Atlanta, GA Sun Jun 24, 2012

Answers

5
Jysevents, Home Buyer, Buford, GA
Thu Mar 7, 2013
I lhave lived in this area for 2 years and did not realize there was a prison until 9 months livng there. I have three children and a dog we still safe. Never jugde anything, anyone, or life itself. We all can never be too carefulno matter where a prison or jail is. I agree with the person said if they escape they will not stop in our area, because they are the smartest people when it comes to crimes. They know the first place is to look nearby. I love it out here.
Correction. I am not a home buyer there.
Flag Thu Mar 7, 2013
cog7713, Home Owner, Buford, GA
Fri Feb 1, 2013
FYI: The prison is NOT 9 minutes away. It is about 1-2 minutes away....about 1 mile away...just around the corner. You are one street over from the prison with some woods between. I know. I live on that street. That being said, I have lived here for over 20 years and have had no problems with prisoners. I even worked at the prison for a few months. You will really never know it's there unless you ride past it. I raised a son and grandchildren right here. Neighbors are great. If you are also great, we'd love to have you here.
Amanda Blant…, Agent, Buford, GA
Mon Jun 25, 2012
The good news is that the corrections officers do a good job of keeping them on the right side of the wall;)

I was a little concerned when I moved to the area. I made sure to put a little distance from myself and the prison. That said, if someone did escape, about the only people in danger are the closest to the prison.

Nine minutes away is too far for them to walk, and once they have a car, they are going to be trying to get as far away as possible.

And, the area has well regarded schools, great shopping venues, and awesome restaurants.

If you have any more questions about this area. I live and work here. My family loves it here. Feel free to call me at 678-992-3817 or email me at dblanton@kw.com
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Mon Jun 25, 2012
That's not unusual. The decision on where to build a prison usually has nothing to do with the crime rate in the immediate area. And sometimes the nature of the neighborhood changes after a prison is built. In the Washington, D.C., area there was a prison in Lorton, Virginia. It generally housed inmates who came from Washington, D.C., about 20 miles away. Lorton itself started off as quite rural. Then evolved into a somewhat upscale area. Some folks in the area even had fun with it, putting signs outside their homes "Lorton Overlook." Nowadays--with the prison closed for a while, people new to the area don't associate "Lorton" with a prison at all. And there never was the assumption that because a prison was there, that the crime rate was high.

Jeffry E. Sc…, Agent, Suwanee, GA
Mon Jun 25, 2012
I have lived here for about 15 years and have never had or heard of a problem relating to the prison.

If you need help in locating a home in the Buford area call me and I will be glad to set up a tour of homes for you.

Jeffry E. Scott
ERA Allpoints Realty.com
678-410-2004
jeffry.scott@era.com