How safe is the area of Crosby and Westwood Ave in the Highland Square area?

Asked by Marrianne, 34446 Wed Aug 8, 2007

Answers

4
David M. Chi…, Agent, Uniontown, OH
Wed Aug 8, 2007
As a lifetime Akron resident, Highland Square is a very desirable area to live. Timely question, as a friend and I were just talking about Crosby. 10-15 years ago, you had drugs and crime, but the City of Akron has spent a ton of money and time on Highland Square. You are within walking distance to a new public library, new grocery store, coffee shops, ice cream parlor and restaurants. It's very friendly also.
John Youker,…, , Beavercreek, OH
Wed Aug 8, 2007
If you would like to find out demographics and crime statistics, you can check with the city. You can go to my website and take a look at what we have under the community Info tab, list the city or zip, and it will data for any cityh in the country. As a Realtor, I truly can not give you an opinion on "safety" of any area, as it is beyond my scope of legal responses, unless I live in the particular neighborhood, and have actual examples to back up my claims, and even then it is a gray area for us. Be careful of an agent who will give you this info. From my website, it links to a 3rd party vender that will be able to help you. LEt me know if you get any good advice from them!
Cjakron, Home Buyer, Akron, OH
Sat Sep 11, 2010
Ive only been here in Ohio for 5 years, but I would have to say that theres an interesting culture in Highland Square. I spend many nights out down there... Its really come along way just in the past 5 years that Ive been going down there. Alot of new developments have taking place there, New Library, Culture Center ( I think its called -- Also great looking building), Places to eat (Chipotle, Metro Burger, Pizza place) Many Fun Bars to go to, Coffe shops , Theatre etc.. Really makes you feel like your part of the area immediatly once you spend an evening down there.. It does have some rougher areas, crime,drugs etc but really what city doesnt... the police patrol the public areas really well. Id move there if I didnt have a place already.
Cindy, Home Buyer, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Wed May 21, 2008
highland square has alot of history. it is a quaint place but it does have high crime.