How safe is the area around 32nd st in Astoria?

Asked by lcharlop, Astoria, Queens, NY Fri Jul 20, 2012

my daughter is renting an apt.in Astoria with a roommate It is in a 3 family building on 32nd st around the corner from the N train. She is going to graduate school in Manhattan, and this is her first experience with an apt.. She knows nothing about this area, as we are from NJ. Is it safe, especially at night which is when she would be coming home? and what is the best way to explore the area.

Answers

3
Anu Dutta, Agent, Forest Hills, NY
Fri Jul 27, 2012
You can always check NYC.Gov site or check with the local precinct for accurate statistics.
You just can't count on info provided by Trulia.
Steve Riddle, Agent, New York, NY
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Astoria is the Number 1 safe area period! The best way to explore it is to walk it!
Alison Hillm…, , San Francisco, CA
Mon Jul 23, 2012
Hi there,

I am assuming it's right around here:

http://www.trulia.com/property/3063379579-3533-31st-St-Queen…

If you scroll down on the listing and click on the tab that says crime, you will see it isn't a super safe neighborhood. There are some violent crimes.

Please recommend that she is extra safe and cautious and let me know if I can help with anything else.

Cheers,
Ali, Community Manager
that's not the correct area. You selected Long island city for the answer to that person question. The zip code her Daughter is in is 11103.
Flag Sat Jul 28, 2012