How safe is the Lindenwold, NJ area? We have a 2 year old and we spend most of our time out doors. Would?

Asked by Chasity, Timber Ridge Townhouses Tue Mar 4, 2008

you recomned this area for our family?

Answers

8
Angel, , Lindenwold, NJ
Thu Aug 14, 2008
i live in lindenwold it has its good n bad parts but gibbsboro road projects i dun think is a good place 2 move into bcuz there is very high crime there and drugs,shootings,murders,rapes,if you have money move to the better side of lindenwold to the avenues and try to stay away from gibbsboro road and from on side of the white horse pike one side is good the other side is bad..trust me i kno i been living in lindenwold for years and unfortunely i live in the project section called coachman manor. dun ove to coachman manor...aborwood..greentree..lynnbrook and scandia hemman these apartments are all apart of the gibbsboro road projects strip
Carol, Both Buyer And Seller, Lindenwold, NJ
Wed Mar 12, 2008
Hi We live in lindenwold and the area that we are in is really nice. We never have any problems. I am not a realtor so I can tell you that our area has low crime. I think that Lindenwold gets a bad wrap. In our section, between Rt 30 and East Atlantic, there are many families. There are also many police officers that live in this section. Our neighbors are really nice and we all look out for eachother. We have our house on the market because we need to move closer to family in PA. Othewise we would stay here. Good Luck house hunting.
Were you close to 156 Crossing Way in Lindenwold? I am looking at townhouses and was curious about the area but have never been there before so I am unfamiliar with "good side vs bad side". Thank you.,
Flag Thu Oct 6, 2016
Reggie Smith, Both Buyer And Seller, Lindenwold, NJ
Thu Mar 6, 2008
Like you, I had some concerns about moving to Lindenwold. I grew up in Voorhees until I recently moved. What I've found (since I've moved in six months ago) is that Lindenwold is like any other town-good parts and bad parts. I am very happy with my neighborhood it is quiet and peaceful. My advice to you is investigate whre you plan on buying. Maybe ride around the area at night and on weekends. Overall, I have no complaints and the area was better than I expected.
Mike B., , Bellmawr, NJ
Tue Jul 27, 2010
It has turned into a mini-Camden, with an overflow of drugs, crime and violence from that affected city. Avoid it like the plague, especially the apartment complexes
Just So You…, , Sewell, NJ
Wed Nov 11, 2009
I work in Gibbsboro... so I have the horror of driving down Gibbsboro Rd thru Lindenwold.
Total GHETTO...I'm scared I will get shot or carjacked! Unbelievable how people in that area just walk in front of cars to cross the street. I've even seen people with small children & babies in strolling running in front of cars to get across the street.

I have a 2 year old also....I would NEVER live there.
Mare, Home Buyer,
Sun Aug 17, 2008
Hi
I moved from Central Jersey to Lindenwold,& heard bad things. The poster that said move to around the "avenues" is a good place to live. We lived right off Chews Landing. We lived on W Park Ave in the Timber ridge townhomes & it was real nice there.Now a days I would never leave my child out to play without supervision. No matter where you live, there's crazy people all around. My husband & I though felt real comfortable where we were to be out in the evening, take a walk etc with the kids too. No violence around those parts I didn't put my son in Lindenwold schools. I did hear they were a bit "rough" so I opted for catholic school.A bit pricey, but my son's safety & acedemics came first.(The catholic schools can put you on a payment plan too.)We since have moved a bought a nice home in Clementon)
Corey Grushin, Agent, East Brunswick, NJ
Wed Mar 19, 2008
The link below will give you the demographiocs and statistics you are asking about inLindenwold. But with that said and the fact I grewup in Brooklyn, NY every town has good parts & bad parts. Your interests are best served by talking to people who live in the immediate area you are considering buying in.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Fri Mar 7, 2008
Realtors have many restrictions that would prohbit them from discussing safety. For information, contact the local police dept and ask them to describe the area for you.