How safe is Fountain Square, particularly around 1133 Villa Avenue?

Asked by Donna.cisco, Indianapolis, IN Fri Nov 9, 2012

Answers

7
gsh777’s answer
gsh777, Renter, Indianapolis, IN
Fri May 31, 2013
I will give you a straight answer to this question: Lock up ANYTHING you don't want to be stolen. Get a place with a garage so you can close away your car. Even if your stuff is nailed down, chained up, behind a fence, you have a dog or vigilant neighbors...people will steal your stuff. Even if it isn't valuable (like a rusty old bike that wouldn't even sell for $20, or a Rubbermaid trash can), it doesn't matter - they will steal it from right out under your nose. Move there if you must, but do so with both eyes open and take a very "city," trust-no-one kind of attitude with you. Sad but true...
Victoria Ale…, Agent, Zionsville, IN
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Good afternoon, you can check crime rates and statistics at http://www.neighborhoodscout.com and check crime reports.com. Best wishes.
Kathy Sloan…, Agent, Zionsville, IN
Tue Jan 22, 2013
Hi Donna...I have shown several homes in Fountain Square and have sold two in the last 2 months. Are you looking to rent or buy? I showed two homes on Villa....I know of a great property in FS that JUST came on the market. Shoot me a text, (317)503-0532. I would be happy to chat with you!
Matt Cockerh…, Agent, Arlington, TX
Fri Nov 9, 2012
The local police department has a Crime Prevention Officer or a Community Liason Officer who can give you crime rates and tell you whether the numbers they are providing are high or low for the community.

Additionally, google "Megans Law" for a website address that will allow you to identify all the sex offenders around a specific address.

Tim Boston, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Fri Nov 9, 2012
The actual data is at crimereports.com everybodies defination of safe is different. I am fine when I am in Fountain Sq .
Peter Knight, Agent, Fishers, IN
Fri Nov 9, 2012
Donna,

The Fountain Square neighborhood is not known for crime - in fact, its reputation is the opposite. For actual data, go to http://www.CrimeReports.com and enter the address - 1133 Villa Ave, Indianapolis, IN You be able to see if there have been actual incidents.

Peter Knight
RE/MAX Ability Plus
(317) 529-4178
Jason McCart, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Fri Nov 9, 2012
I've never lived in the area, but have 2 clients that do. Please check IN.gov or neighborhoodscout.com to check crime stats and such. I'd talk to the neighbors and drive around at different times of the day.