, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

How safe is Fountain Square, particularly around 1133 Villa Avenue?

Asked by, Indianapolis, IN Fri Nov 9, 2012

I will give you a straight answer to this question: Lock up ANYTHING you don't want to be stolen. Get a place with a garage so you can close away your car. Even if your stuff is nailed down, chained up, behind a fence, you have a dog or vigilant neighbors...people will steal your stuff. Even if it isn't valuable (like a rusty old bike that wouldn't even sell for $20, or a Rubbermaid trash can), it doesn't matter - they will steal it from right out under your nose. Move there if you must, but do so with both eyes open and take a very "city," trust-no-one kind of attitude with you. Sad but true...
Good afternoon, you can check crime rates and statistics at and check crime Best wishes.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 22, 2013
Hi Donna...I have shown several homes in Fountain Square and have sold two in the last 2 months. Are you looking to rent or buy? I showed two homes on Villa....I know of a great property in FS that JUST came on the market. Shoot me a text, (317)503-0532. I would be happy to chat with you!
The local police department has a Crime Prevention Officer or a Community Liason Officer who can give you crime rates and tell you whether the numbers they are providing are high or low for the community.

Additionally, google "Megans Law" for a website address that will allow you to identify all the sex offenders around a specific address.

The actual data is at everybodies defination of safe is different. I am fine when I am in Fountain Sq .

The Fountain Square neighborhood is not known for crime - in fact, its reputation is the opposite. For actual data, go to and enter the address - 1133 Villa Ave, Indianapolis, IN You be able to see if there have been actual incidents.

Peter Knight
RE/MAX Ability Plus
(317) 529-4178
I've never lived in the area, but have 2 clients that do. Please check or to check crime stats and such. I'd talk to the neighbors and drive around at different times of the day.