How safe are the neighborhoods of Ottowa Hills and Seminole Hills in Pontiac? I'm a single woman caring for my elderly dad.

Asked by Deb, Bloomfield Hills, MI Sun Sep 30, 2012

Answers

6
Kelli, Renter, Pontiac, MI
Thu Dec 19, 2013
Hi Debb

I've been leasing home in Seminole Hills for two years and its a very diverse neighborhood and very safe. I've had not problems. When I moved in I was a single female.
Renee, Home Owner, Pontiac, MI
Mon Dec 5, 2016
I know this is an old thread, but for anyone inquiring now (2016), I am a 23 year resident of Ottawa Hills - and I bought as a single young female. Seminole Hills is just to the east of us. Both are terrific neighborhoods with a pretty strong and active community of neighbors. Getting stronger even! Lots of great, positive and exciting things happening in Pontiac. This area, along with Indian Hills/Village and Pioneer Highlands (much of Pontiac's District 2) are quite nice with many very interesting and well-built old houses. What Kelli and Joanie below state are true, in fact stronger today. The Oakland County Sheriff's office has stats and comparisons, and they have been very responsive for when there has been an issue, and often times incidences are lower than even some of our suburban neighborhoods.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Nov 29, 2012
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com/
http://www.homefair.com/
Joanie, Home Buyer, Pontiac, MI
Wed Nov 28, 2012
SEMINOLE HILLS is a very safe area. Call the sheriff they will tell you crime is no higher than other surrounding areas.
Ryan & Amber…, Agent, Southfield, MI
Mon Oct 1, 2012
Crimes in the area are published so take a look at the trending crime to see whether that is an area you feel comfortable with or not. As a realtor, our job is to find you a house that you will love, we cannot discriminate any areas. If you want help in locating a great home to rent or buy please contact me!

Amber Leatherman
Coldwell Banker Weir Manuel
aleatherman@cbwm.com
248.924.7733
Eric Michael, Agent, Northville, MI
Sun Sep 30, 2012
Deb, these are the types of questions we're not allowed to answer at Realtors. Please call the local police of sheriffs station.
I guess I was hoping for a current resident of one of those communities to respond. They would know firsthand about crime in their communities. Thanks.
Flag Mon Oct 1, 2012