Curious Newb, Home Buyer in Bordentown, NJ

How's the Palmyra area in general? I've found some disturbing information with regards to crime rate,

Asked by Curious Newb, Bordentown, NJ Tue Jun 16, 2009

burglary and motor vehicle theft in particular and was curious about this. Also, how is the local school system?

Answers

4
Plainjane, Home Owner, Palmyra, NJ
Mon Mar 28, 2011
I have lived in Palmyra for 25 years and think it is a great place to live. It is close to everything (I am self-employed and work many places in the Philadelphia area). You can walk to the RiverLine which will take you pretty much everywhere. It still has that small-town charm. Neighbors are friendly and always willing to help out. It even has a viable downtown.

I have no children, but my neighbors all seem pretty much satisfied with the schools. And, maybe because the houses are close together, I don't know of too many burglaries. Or maybe that's because I have 2 big dogs! Palmyra is a pet-friendly town, as long as you don't live too close to the animal control officer, who is definitely NOT pet-friendly.
Just little…, , 08065
Thu May 20, 2010
Palmyra is home sweet home to me. I was born and raised here but moved away for work related reasons. Later in life when I wanted to purchase a house, I returned to Palmyra once again, a place where I knew I could raise my children safely. My children are proud to say they are from Palmyra and love their neighborhood , their grade school and high school!! ITs unfortunate that Palmyra is often lumped in with Philadelphia in many statistics. But believe me Philly and Palmyra are worlds apart. There is a sense of community in Palmyra that is not found in a city. People here care about each other and my children and myself are lucky to be part of such a wonderful community. Oh yes, Palmyra is a place to grow!!
John Verdi, , Palm Coast, FL
Thu Jun 18, 2009
Hi Curious Newb,

Attached is a link to a pretty comprehensive set of demographics. I hope this helps in your research.

http://www.clrsearch.com/RSS/Demographics/NJ/Palmyra/

John
Curious Newb, Home Buyer, Bordentown, NJ
Wed Jun 17, 2009
Nevermind, I answered my own question. Apparently the demographics were including Philadelphia, PA into the statistics as Palmyra is in such close proximity to the city.

However, I would still like opinions on the school system. I'm hearing alot of contradictory remarks by parents on several different sites and was just looking into a bit of further insite.