How is safety in the East Little Havana area (16th ave and sw8th)? I see a nice-looking apartment online and would like more info on the area.

Asked by K060, Miami, FL Sat Dec 5, 2009

I hear that you should generally avoid moving anywhere near 8th st. Is that still the case? I am a grad student and would be living alone

Answers

5
Anthony 1 DeNito’s answer
Anthony 1 De…, Agent, Miami, FL
Thu Dec 17, 2009
I like the area. My grandfather lives there and he loves it. He wont move.

Anthony DeNito
RE/MAX Advance Realty
"NOBODY IN THE WORLD SELLS MORE REAL ESTATE THAN RE/MAX"
305-323-5195
myrealtor@anthonydenito.com

Also: I am also a Mortgage Broker, so if you have not obtained a Prequalification yet, feel free to ask me how. It takes about 5 minutes and is a great advantage to you as a buyer.

---------Question and Answer------------

Q.) If you pull my credit, will it reduce my score?

A.) Most people believe that if they have their credit pulled that it will reduce their credit score. That is not necessarily the case. The credit borough has changed how your credit score is affected when an inquire has been done. It used to be that every time your credit was pulled, your score was reduced. There was a logical reason for this. It prevented people from going out and applying for several different loans, being approved for all of them, and then not being able to pay off there debts. It really didn’t give that person the opportunity to shop around for the best loan terms. That has been changed slightly. Now your credit has three different classes to pull from. Auto, Housing and, Personal. When you pull your credit once, it usually reduces your score about 1 point. Not a big deal. As long as you only pull from one class, you can pull your credit up to 9 times within 45 days without affecting your credit score any more than that.

Would you like to know how much you will qualify for? Feel free to ask me. It takes about 5 minutes and is a great advantage to you as a buyer
K060, , Miami, FL
Tue Dec 8, 2009
I saw the apartment the other day...total deception. It looked absolutely nothing like the photo....Thanks for your help. I've decided against that area
J, , 33133
Tue Dec 8, 2009
Without intent to "steer" you, (as Jefferson rightly points out), find out if the building has 24 hr. concierge and/or night security? Does it have a gated garage entrance? - No matter what street a building is on, basic safety is measured by these characteristics in Miami. 8th is a very active street with yearly festivals and bike/walk proximity to downtown Miami. Some consider it too loud and crazy, others consider it a hip energetic atmosphere. I recommend parking and walking around the area to get a feel for it.
Jeff K, Home Buyer, Bristol, PA
Sat Dec 5, 2009
Hey just please be aware that technically no Agent or Broker is allowed to comment on the SAFETY of an area. They can only refer you to on-line sources or the local police, etc. Essentially, this to avoid them from violating rules of ethics/laws called "Steering"...

Yes be very careful about where you live in Miami ... good luck!
Anthony 1 De…, Agent, Miami, FL
Sat Dec 5, 2009
I love E. Little Havana. Give me a call to discuss it further.

Anthony DeNito
305-323-5195