Heard there's a lot of crime in WI Rapds lately due to unemployment. Should I cancel a trip up for an upcoming craft show?

Asked by Craftgal, Wisconsin Rapids, WI Mon Dec 14, 2009

I am scheduled to do a craft fair in WI Rapids this upcoming weekend, but I've heard there's a lot crime recently due to a lot of unemployment in the city. Should I cancel my craft show attendance due to this? I'm worried about folks breaking into my car or worse.

Answers

2
Lurker0202, Home Buyer, 54494
Tue Feb 7, 2012
Hello, I live in this area and this town is safe to visit. And Amie is correct, just speeding in a work zone and jay walking. =)
Amie Faust, , Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Tue May 3, 2011
I see that this question was asked soom time ago, but I felt I needed to reply. I am really surprised to see that the crime rate here in Wisconsin Rapids had been real concern to you in the past. While there is crime that takes place here most of it consists of jay walking and speeding in a work zones.