Crime & Safety in New York>Question Details

rpgreen, Other/Just Looking in New York, NY

Going to the Comedy Cellar during a week day "evening." Corner of Minetta Ln and MacDougal ST. Is it safe in this area at night?

Asked by rpgreen, New York, NY Mon Oct 8, 2012

Alison Hillman’s answer
Oh fun! Who are you seeing perform?

I would recommend checking out Trulia's crime maps and of course walk in groups if possible.

Enjoy and be safe!
Ali, Community Manager
I hope you had fun, and if you have not gone yet---well I am sure you will have fun.
There are plenty of great places to eat, lots of bars, in that area---and night time---is always FUN!, Its a historic area of the Village--its well--semi border of Greenwich and West Village.

Go to Minetta Tavern, eat drink and be merry!

And to Ms. Alison, ( you do not live in NYC do you? ) but, nice of you to recommend to travel in groups---but the village is again, by far one of the most demanded areas to live in Manhattan.... Sooo much around, beautiful in the fall, great scenery and architecture.....

I can't say safe, not safe, or what---because as a realtor---its actually illegal for us here in New York to answer that. best advice is to judge for yourself, and yes always be cautious---but--this is not the NYC of the 80's or 90's.
Again---I'm being bias---as I love the West Village and Greenwich Village.

Get a feel for the are yourself, walk around and you will see. ;-)

Have Fun...