For a single woman considering making Westbury her new home, how is the crime? I have reviewed the

Asked by Moving Soon, Bellaire, TX Fri Aug 15, 2008

statistical websites, but would like actual resident/realtor opinion.

Answers

4
Mark Rienzie, Agent, Hicksville, NY
Tue Sep 9, 2008
Hi

I am a Realtor and have listed and
sold homes in Westbury, NY since
1992.

The crime in Westbury is the same
as most towns in Nassau County.

Westbury is very diverse and has
some 21 different subdivisions and
5 school districts.

Call or email for more info.

Regards, Mark R. Rienzie
Century 21 Laffey Associates
241 Post Ave
Wetbury, New York 11590
Tele: (516) 333-0025 ext 313
E-mail: mrienzie@laffey.com
Joshua La Fo…, , 77006
Tue Sep 9, 2008
I agree with both my colleagues; Realtors are supposed to give freely of their advice and opinions but need to balance such opinions and advice to stay within the laws that govern their state or locality as well as obey the Realtor code of ethics.

It can be very easy to give a non-answer. If I were a resident of Westbury I could give you fact based information about my own experiences with crime in the neighborhood. However, I feel this truly falls under the heading of where the consumer needs to complete there due-diligence. Just like getting a home inspection or a lot survey quality of life is just as important in the home buying decision process. Your Realtor will have access to information and resources you can use to find crime statistics and encourage you to talk with the local precinct for details.

Good luck in your move!
James Wheelo…, , Houston, TX
Sat Aug 30, 2008
I am going to disagree with Gail here. It is not that individuals do not know what crime is like in those neighborhoods it is as agents we are not suppose to answer those questions. If we do we can get into big trouble for stearing. For this reason we are advised to send you to the websites noting crime statistics.You will need to catch members of the neighborhood you seek to answer this for you. I would be more than willing to take you to meet members of the Westbury community.
Gail W. Nash, Agent, Houston, TX
Fri Aug 15, 2008
I have clients and friends who live in Westbury. You just have to check the websites for the statistics. Individuals don't have the information to comment.