Are these thefts random or directed at specific people?

Asked by Clmtsupermama, Kansas City, MO Wed May 9, 2012

Answers

6
Susan Wiemann, Agent, Independence, MO
Tue May 15, 2012
I can help you with that, I've lived in Independence all my life! There are areas that are more prone to criminal activity than others. There also is an element of gangs in some parts of Independence. Please feel free to contact me, I'd be happy to help you with more information about the exact area that you're interested in, and discussing your home purchase.
Clmtsupermama, Home Buyer, Kansas City, MO
Tue May 15, 2012
Sorry for not being clear. We are looking at a house on crysler in Independence, Mo. and according to the crime rate it says there have been 13 thefts near the address we are looking at.
in the last 2 months.
Flag Tue May 15, 2012
Susan Wiemann, Agent, Independence, MO
Thu May 10, 2012
In answer to your question of Crime and Safety in the Kansas City Mo area, I believe it is a matter of opportunity. Those who want to steal go to where they can get away with it the easiest. I also believe that increased lighting, and other measures, do help with preventing theft. However, some areas are more prone to this problem than others and that can be taken into account as well.
Connie Mitch…, Agent, South Padre Island, TX
Wed May 9, 2012
General theft is an opportunistic crime targeting people that are unaware of their surroundings. Leaving items unattended, cars unlocked, etc. So yes it is directed at specific people. Actors of such crimes are sly and very watchful. They are watching you, what you are doing, and what is currently going on around you and the area you are in.

The best way to safeguard from these opportunistic crimes is to remain alert and conscientious of what is occurring around you and who is in the area. Know where your personal belongs are and keep them protected. Keep doors locked. Keep items of interest covered or out of sight. Change up your routine. Take a different route home or to the grocery store.

Sadly in this day in time we cannot remain in a blissful "green" state. When in public, I'm in the yellow most of the time........ until I am in the safety and comfort of my own home :)
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Wed May 9, 2012
That's not really a question that can be answered here. The only answer is: It depends.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Wed May 9, 2012
Without details; we do not know what you are talking about.