Are there any problems with crime/police calls at the Dundee Quarter Apt. complex in Palatine on Baldwin Rd.?

Asked by Sue99, Palatine, IL Wed Jul 15, 2009

I am thinking of buying a townhouse in the area and was concerned about some of the activity at this particular complex.

Answers

5
Vanilla, Home Seller, Arlington Heights, IL
Tue Apr 24, 2012
I just sold my house near there last year. It was a beautiful house, but I repeatedly heard gun fire along rand and dundee on summer nights. Several murders occured there while I lived in the area as well. Lots of loser types hanging out on street corners. Who knows what they are doing hanging out on the corners, chances are they are not waiting for the icecream truck to come by. Dundee and baldwin is bad!!! Also bad is the entire stretch along rand starting at Williams drive and going southeast. I am telling you....lots of shooting! Also, I am a firearm owner, and have been around firearms all my life, so I know what they sound like vollying back and forth. Those aren't fireworks son! The Police will not tell you the truth over the phone. Best thing to do is send a Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request to the PD and ask for the monthly report on activity in the Village. You should be able to pull the FOIA form off of the Village website. My guess is that you will be very surprised what you find out. Why do you think they built a multi-million dollar police facility a mile from there? Not for their summer cookouts!
Heidi, , Barrington, IL
Wed Nov 11, 2009
The best way to answer this question is for you to contact the Palatine Police Department. They will be able to provide you with all the information you need to determine if there is a cirme problem in the area and to what extent.

Visit us at http://www.palatinehomesforsalepalatineproperty.com
Vernon Parker, , 60074
Mon Oct 26, 2009
I see you aksed this question some time ago but would like to say that you would want to contact the local Palatine Police and ask for a blotter report which will give you detailed activity, if any in that particular area. I hope this helps.
Bulls847, Home Buyer, Palatine, IL
Sun Sep 6, 2009
I grew up in Edgebrook (now known as Green Lane). I haven't lived there in 13 years, but I know the area hasn't gotten better. Dundee Quarter (known as Windhaven) is not a nice area to live. Even though it's not "the hood" it is right next to the hood.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Wed Jul 15, 2009
Sue,

The best resource for issues of safety are the local police department or county sheriff's departmant. They have access to accurate and current information and are generally very willing to be helpful.