Are there a lot of robbery in this area?

Asked by jennylane, Brooklyn Center, MN Mon Oct 3, 2011

Answers

10
Jeff Jorgens…, Agent, Andover, MN
Tue May 7, 2013
Depends on the area of Brooklyn Center
Stephanie Gr…, Agent, Minneapolis, MN
Wed Dec 12, 2012
We are not allowed to answer questions about crime as Realtors. However, checking with the local police department for data is always a good place to start.
Mary Rooney, Agent, Blaine, MN
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Call the fire dept as well, they will offer specific answers that apply regarding rental property etc in the area along witth the police dept.
mary rooney
Rachel Brant, , Cedar Rapids, IA
Fri Dec 30, 2011
The greatest resource would be calling local law enforcement. They can tell you about the area and the crime rate. They are very helpful and glad to help!
Mary Rooney, Agent, Blaine, MN
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Hi Jennylane,

Oops! possible chat with a nieghbor is what I really meant to say, along with all of the other agents correct answers. I do live in this area and will be glad to assist . I have sold some of these homes several times and can be a great resource for you! Good Luck!

Mary Rooney Keller Williams
Susan Hoffla…, Agent, Shoreview, MN
Wed Dec 21, 2011
Hi, jennylane!
EEK!! I don't think I'd go knocking on doors asking about crime! You just don't know what you're opening yourself up to!!

And, another thing people don't know about real estate agents is that it's improper for us to be discussing whether there is high/low/good/bad crime occurring anywhere. We have a certain standard to uphold as far as discrimination, so we really can't discuss crime rates or any other similar variables about the make up of a neighborhood.

It could be perceived that WE are trying to make a decision for YOU about what's acceptable and what isn't. It's important for you to seek out information on your own to find out what makes YOU comfortable. Your tolerance for what's OK and not OK might be TOTALLY different than what I think. And, I'd never want you to substitute my opinion for yours.

Good luck~
Web Reference:  http://www.homestosellmn.com
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Mon Oct 3, 2011
the community servfice department of the Brooklyn Center keeps neighborhood and zip code statistics as well as answering other community safety and citizen concerns. I would hesitate to knock on neighbors' doors because I think this sort of question might seem insensitive and intrusive to individuals. I also agree that neighbors ideas and beliefs might include some invalid opinions and be less than accurate as to actual situations. A recent example for that would be a rumor that circulated around my townhome community. Someone insisted to all who would listen that the trees with a small blue metal tag were all going to be cut down. In actual fact, these trees had been treated for insection control - mainly ash borer - so that we would be able to preserve and enjoy their beauty and shade. Good luck. Liz
Tom Durkin -…, , Minnesota
Mon Oct 3, 2011
Looks Like alot of Realtors got it right.
I would add that I would call the police department and ask for the Community Service Officer. Be specific as to neighborhood.

I am not big on door knocking as sometimes neighbors are not the most reliable source of information.

Best of fortune in your home search

Tom
Web Reference:  http://www.BuyaMNhome.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Oct 3, 2011
Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; therefore, for any safety concerns, contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area, do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, etc....
http://spotcrime.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Oct 3, 2011
Jenny your best bet would be to check with the local police department on crime statistics. Another popular method is to park in teh neighborhood and ask resients or visit neighborhood stores or restaurants to get forst hand stories from people who live there.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com