Would you rent to 2 Single Moms? We don't have good credit, however we don't have evictions, forclosures or bankrupcy either. Would you?

Asked by Kristal, Lake Elsinore, CA Fri Dec 31, 2010

work with us? Myself, SIL and children (teenagers and a 5yr old) are looking to rent a big home together (5 or 6bd). We both are going back to school and think this would be great, so someone would be home all the time for the kids. She works in customer service and I work in Healthcare. I am just worried that we will not be able to find someone to rent to us. Can someone please let me know where I should start? Thank you and Happy New Year!

Answers

3
Rory Ellis’ answer
Rory Ellis, , Irvine, CA
Sun Jan 2, 2011
Just like the other 2 agents commented, they will want to see credit history, background check, etc. There are a lot of people wanting to rent right now due to the economy and a lot of folks losing their homes. Keep looking and trying, they will probably ask for more of a security deposit and most likely first and last months rent. Just make sure to have in hand your income info so that you can show upon request. I have also attached an interesting article. Good Luck!
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Fri Dec 31, 2010
Any landlord will want to check your credit, employment and a reference where you currently live. You will probabily need the 1st months rent and 1 months security deposit. Good luck with your rental
Shirley Bell, Agent, Adelanto, CA
Fri Dec 31, 2010
After checking your background, past landlord, and your source of income I would but I would ask for more security deposit. There are a lot of people that are looking to rent because of Foreclosure and severe bad credit looking for another chance. Good luck to you. Gather all your financial income to prove that you can pay your rent.