When renting an appartment, what is required for credit? Me and my girlfriend have no credit, and we know its just as bad as having bad credit?

Asked by Lxi, Las Vegas, NV Wed Aug 24, 2011

Answers

9
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Aug 25, 2011
The number one issue is do you have a job and steady income. What exactly is youir situation besides "no credit"?

David Cooper
Penny OBrien, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Aug 25, 2011
You may run into a little bit of trouble with not so good credit, but rest assure, you're not alone.. Try going on Craigslist.com and searching for a place. A lot of times people are more forgiving about issues like credit on that site.

Good Luck,

Penny O'Brien with Simply Vegas
702.321.9383
Penny@PennysProperties.com
Kevin Ogden, Agent, Henderson, NV
Thu Aug 25, 2011
Go to my website below & view "My Listings".................I manage two communities where we are understanding on credit issues or lack of.................we do a criminal background check to keep the community safe & do look at rental references as a large part of our screening..................I am running a $299 move in special ($99 first months rent & $200 deposit).................Realtors out there................send your clients ..............we have a nice Co-op at these communities....................

Kevin Ogden
Team Leader-National Recruiter
Exit Realty "The Infinity Group"
702-325-7434
Private Fax: 702-948-5106
exitdreamteam@gmail.com

VIEW MORE GREAT HOMES HERE : http://kevinogden.com

Now Hiring Agents!! Join the FASTEST Growing Real Estate Team in the NATION!!

FIND OUT MORE: http://exitrecruiter.info
Rick Ream, R…, , Las Vegas, NV
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Hi Lxi,

When you say that you have 'no credit' you are saying that you have never had credit nor have you ever made payments on anything. That is very rare in this society.
When you say that it is just as bad to have 'no credit' as it is to have 'bad credit'... That is all relevant.
If you have no credit, then you need to establish a credit history.... this takes time.
If you have bad credit, you need to fix it... sometimes this can be easy, sometimes difficult
Now to the issue at hand...If i am a potential land lord and you have a history of not making your payments (bad credit) vs. someone that has no credit history, i am more likely to take a chance on the no history, if that person shows the ability to be dependable (a steady job).
Have you ever paid rent?
Well we all start out with no credit, we get a job, steady income, get a small line of credit (credit card) and off we go into the world of debt.
Making a monthly rent payment and related utility bills will both help establish your credit history.

I hope this helps, thanks for reading.

If you need help finding a rental property, feel free to contact me.

Rick Ream - Realtor ®
Coldwell Banker, Wardley Real Estate
7670 W. Lake Mead Blvd #100
Las Vegas, NV 89128
702-528-5207
RickReam1@GMail.com
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Aug 24, 2011
What kind of work do you do and how long have you been with your present employer? Property managers are willing to adjust the "no credit" by determining if you can afford to pay the rent and you have a steady job

David Cooper
Matthew D'Er…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Aug 24, 2011
You don't need credit to rent a home, condo or apartment. Rental history, employer, how long on job, cash on hand, current debts like car payment or not, pets or not, and making 3 times rent amount effect your ability to rent and all property management policy is different. If you need any further advice call me. Go for it, Matt
, ,
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Consistent on-time credit card payments, utility bills paid on time, positive account balances, no serious delinquencies.
Suzie Marqua…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Lxi
You can show payment history on Cable, Gas, Water, Electricity. If you have good income and have a history of paying your bills I would surely rent to you and I think a landlord would also. You are debt free. Google up Dave Ramsey and look at his program. You may have heard of him. He has radio shows all over the country and he is on FOX News. He teaches people how to get out of debt and live debt free. I am sure he will have some strategies to help with your no credit situation. My Partner and I have been working with Dave Ramsey clients for over 4 years. Get that out of your head that having no credit is just as bad as having bad credit. There are other ways.
Thanks For The Question
Suzie Marquardt
fahrnyteam@yahoo.com
Kathleen Long, Agent, APOLLO BEACH, FL
Wed Aug 24, 2011
You can build credit through many resources - the first installment account(such as Kmart etc.) and pay it off and keep it in good standing and never run up the credit. You can also build credit through having equity or collateral in a savings account, retirement account IRA. By showing what ASSETS you have you show credit worthiness! Also - don't overlook getting letters of credit from your electric or water company. What I mean is a letter stating you PAY ON TIME - it does matter and that builds credit!