What part of Chicago in a nice area don't really look at the credit score as much like I don't have over due balances or anything bad just?

Asked by alysiadotson88, Chicago, IL Thu Jul 17, 2014

not perfect credit I have the funds to pay a nice amount for rent my score is just in the 5"s and I want to be in a beautiful neighborhood

Answers

8
Mike Opyd, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Sep 5, 2014
Its really the discretion of the landlord and what they want to ask for. Maybe offer more months of rent up front or write a letter of explanation for the credit.
Shaunta Gray, Agent, Homewood, IL
Mon Sep 1, 2014

Give me a call I'll help you with a rental.

Shaunta Gray
Coldwell Banker Residential
773-766-2841
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Jul 23, 2014
Get a good leasing agent to help you out. Its free to use their services. You can also try speaking to a lender about rebuilding your credit.
Gino Grisi, Agent, Arlington Heights, IL
Mon Jul 21, 2014
I think you are on the right track by renting before owning. It's always a good idea to talk to a mortgage professional to discuss how to increase your credit score. This is important to do now, as there are no quick fixes to increase your score. This process can take up to a year, depending on how much improvement is needed. Most lenders will not lend below 600 credit score.

As far as areas that will rent with those credit scores, I don't think that is area specific as much as it is the decision of the actual landlord. It really depends on why the credit score is so low. As a landlord myself, I would be more concerned about what's on the credit report more than just the credit score.

I have a listing in the river north area of Chicago. Feel free to call me to discuss or if you would like to schedule a viewing.

Gino Grisi
HomeSmart Connect, LLC
847-341-1353
gino.grisi@att.net
alysiadotson…, Renter, Chicago, IL
Fri Jul 18, 2014
My score is 523 !!!! Just found out days ago
alysiadotson…, Renter, Chicago, IL
Fri Jul 18, 2014
My budget is 2500 i just want to rent that's all
Todd Shissler, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jul 17, 2014
You should talk with a lender to see what you can afford. You should be have a plan financially before you proceed with anything else.
Matt Leighton, Agent, Arlington, VA
Thu Jul 17, 2014
What is your budget and what is your credit score?

Talk with your lender to see how much you can afford. Once you have a budget, you can start looking at neighborhoods.

If you start looking at neighborhoods before you have set a budget, you are setting yourself up to be disapointed in the long run.