In desperate need of guidance for my family, Whats our first steps?

Asked by Andrea Gibson, Mesa, AZ Mon Jun 11, 2012

My parents, brother, and myself along with my nephew are trying to find a new home.

For over 20 years my family has lived in the same house, but my grandmother is the owner. My grandmother would never allow for the bills to be switched into my mothers name even though she was the one that has been paying the bills over all these years. Having enough of this run down house we are ready to leave, my mother now has nothing to show for the years she has provided for us in this house. I believe she has bad credit also, so trying to get a loan for a home is a scary thing for us.

We are stuck in a house that is costing us more and more money and we need to get out.
We just don't know where we should start first.

We are in Mesa (85201) and I would love to be able to find some people my mother could contact in the area so we could speak to someone and try to figure out what we need to do first in our situation.

We would greatly appreciate some guidance.

Answers

12
Chris & Mich…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Hi Andrea,

Sounds like a complicated situation. The best place to turn is a mortgage broker/banker who can actually pull your mother's credit and deal in facts rather than speculation. That way she knows EXACTLY where she stands. Often, they can also refer you to a reputable credit repair person, who, for a fee, can guide you on rebuilding your credit with the specific purpose of purchasing a home in the near future.

I am up in the Northwest Valley, but I would recommend Chris Seago the President of Blue Brick Financial. They are located in Mesa at 4710 E. Falcon Drive #202, Mesa, AZ 85215 and their phone number is (480) 355-2430. I suggest him because he is one of the instructors for the Arizona School of Real Estate in Scottsdale & Gilbert and they do an excellent job of vetting their instructors to make sure they are knowledgeable and reputable in our industry. He has been in the mortgage business for over 10 years and I believe would be able to offer you some sounds advice and first steps to figuring out how to buy a home.

Best wishes!
Michelle Spalding
Realty ONE Group
(602) 476-8100
David Karaffa, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Andrea, I would be more than happy to talk to you and give you some guidance with your situation. Happy to help in anyway that I can. Please give me a call at 480-686-3022 or shoot me an email at david.karaffa@azmoves.com. Look forward to hearing from you.

David Karaffa
Trevor Curran, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Great Neck, NY
Mon Jul 30, 2012
Good morning Andrea,

First steps:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

2. Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

3. Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

4. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
Richard Carl, Home Seller, Houston County, TX
Mon Jul 30, 2012

We are Christian Organization formed to help people in needs of helps,such as financial help.So if you are going through financial difficulty or you are in any financial mess,and you need funds to start up your own business,or you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills,start a nice business, or you are finding it hard to obtain capital loan from local banks,contact us today via email heartoflovelendingcompany@gmail.com for the bible says""Luke 11:10 Everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened".So do not let these opportunity pass you by because Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever more.Please these is for serious minded and God fearing People.

You are advise to fill and return the details below..

Your Name:______________________
Your Address:____________________
Your Country:____________________
Your Occupation:__________________
Loan Amount Needed:______________
Loan Duration:____________________
Monthly Income:__________________
Cell phone Number:________________
Have you applied for a loan before: ________________
If you have applied for a loan before, where you treated honestly? where are the company located?...

Act fast and get out of financial stress, mess and hardship by contacting Richard Loan Corporation Today via Email at: heartoflovelendingcompany@gmail.com .You shall be treated with the best of our resources until you get this funds transferred into your account, and your quick and fast respond determines how fast you shall be receiving your loan. Without any delay Apply for your best and easy Loan here with us. Please email to Us on Via

email: heartoflovelendingcompany@gmail.com
Best Regards
Mr Richard
Sherayn Allen, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Tue Jun 12, 2012
A couple of observational questions, still much is dependant on the attitude of Grandmother and others which are the unknown factors here.

so it's your grandmother's house, would she be open to seling the home. then herself purchasing or co-signing on another? She may have decent credit, and obviously doesn't mind owning a home for your family to live in. Grandmother has owned it for 20 years or more, how far down ias her mortgage been paid, it is possible there is equity in the home. Has it been refinanced?

You may not have the answers to these questions but some of it is public record that can be searched on the Maricopa county assessor and recorder sites, which can be confusing for someone who isn't used to looking at them. Just google Maricopa county assessor, go to parcel serach, you should be able to search by address and/or Grandmother's name it will show the chain of sales (and financing).

If you don't have credit and a loan is not an option, figure out what you do have and see what can be built around that. For example you live in an older part of town, there are alot of for sale by owners in that area who may be willing to sell as an owner carry.

In addtion as other's before me have said the only way to find out you can't get a loan is to try. You could be surprised, some people's version of bad credit is not really very bad, doesn't sound like there will be a foreclosure or short sale on the credit so unless there is a recent bankruptcy it may only take a few adjustments to get the score where it needs to be.

Just some thoughts..

Let me know if I can be of further assistance:)

Kelly Ward, , Utah
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Hi there,

I agree that contacting a lender first is a good idea. But, if you do not qualify for a loan, that's when you need to call me. We are Allied Credit Solutions, and we legally and permanently repair credit so people can qualify for a home loan. Our program is 180 days and back by a true "100%" money back guarantee. Please don't let anybody tell you this is not legal. There are Federal Guidelines put in place to protect you and give you the ability to get negative items removed from your credit report. We have been doing this successfully since 2007. We are licensed, bonded, and registered with the state. We are also the only credit restoration company approved by the Federal Government. Check out our website and then call me if you need help. http://www.alliedcreditsolutions.com

Kelly W.
National Account Executive
800 901-8122 ext211
Jeffrey Masi…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Dear Andrea:

Get some advisors and/or trusted friends lined up to go through your questions in more detail than listed here. However, you may wish to include a Realtor to give you a vallue on the home. A loan officer to discuss refinancing options.

You don't mention if your family wants to keep the home, but some life decisions need to be made.

The good news? Prices for homes have been increasing and are expected to increase through the end of the year. The homes value will most likely go up. Also mortgage rates decreased for the sixth consecutive week last week to the lowest level since 1971.

Jeff Masich
HomeSmart Realty
http://ArizonaHomesLand.com
Mark Hardy, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Mon Jun 11, 2012
First thing to do is speak with a loan officer. If you will call me, I would be happy to discuss your difficult situation and give you the number to the loan officer that I would recommend. It does sound like unfortunately your mother does not or will not have the credit needed to qualify for a loan unless there is a co-signer. Typically, the ability to get home financing is a combination of credit score, income, and the balance or ratio of debt to income that the borrower has at the time.

Please call me at 480-773-5195 for more information, I would love to help you!
Brenda Sanfo…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Andrea,

All the Realtors are correct. Contacting a lender is the very first step. If you haven't done so yet I have a couple that are just wonderful.

Debra Castor w/ Academy Mortgage 480-344-2863
Or
Linda Hall 602-741-1816

Good Luck and Happy Days,

Always,
Brenda Sanford
Sun Canyon Realty
480-215-9863

http://www.brendasanford.listingbook.com
http://www.facebook.com/MesaAZRealEstate
Doug McVinua, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Andrea

Good advice below, lets connect and discuss the situation first. The experience we bring may provide us with options once we have a better understanding of the total situation.

Lets spend some time, understand everything better than we can do online and find a solution for your family!

Doug McVinua
HomeSmart

602-751-7577

Doug@McVinua.com
Brenda & Ron…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Mon Jun 11, 2012
Your first step in your situation is to speak to a mortgage lender to see what you can do. They can also help you by letting you know what to do to fix her credit so that she can get a loan.

If you need further assistance please don't hesitate to call us. We can also help you find the home once you can qualify.

Brenda

Ron and Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
Ron: 602-499-0694

* Recognized by the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors In the Valley" *

Search the official active FlexMLS through our website for free at:
http://www.CunninghamHomesAZ.com
Jason Coleman, , Phoenix, AZ
Mon Jun 11, 2012
You should consult with a lender first. You can call me this morning at your convience and we can talk about a strategy to help you get a loan. Buying in this market will be tough even if you have good credit do to lack of inventory however. Please give me a call when you get a chance or email.

Jason Coleman
602-451-5472

savingsandloans@yahoo.com

Peoples Mortgage
LO-0912248