Credit Score in 31093>Question Details

Sandie478, Renter in 31078

I want to rent to own, but here is the problem. I have 6 dogs and 6 cats. I have raised since they ALL was babies. I want a fenced in property. ???

Asked by Sandie478, 31078 Sat Jan 7, 2012

IS that asking too much.? Just to bring my animals?

Answers

3
David Myers’ answer
Having pets myself, I would be extra careful to check with the local county ordinance to be sure the county division of animal control would not me knocking on my door. You can go to a search engine and search the county in which you are thinking about moving to for example HOUSTON COUNTY ORDINANCES. I hope this will help others in their search of keeping their animals.
To be honest, most home owners are not going to allow that many animals on the property. As long as you are renting in any way, the owner still owns the home, and has to look at the possibilty of having to rerent or resale the home if you dont complete the transaction. "Rent to own" transactions are not common anymore, but "Lease Purchases" are. Either way, the owner is usually not open to multiple animals. Also, you may run in to city ordinance issues. I hope this helps
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 7, 2012
Sandie,

You want a place for all you - you should consider buying at least an acre, and just get started with a used Airstream and a few doghouses or something like that. Way less expensive. Way better to think longtime and sacrifice a little now.

And, I know that there is plenty of property for sale in the Roberta area. An acre is probably just $4000-5000 or so down that way if you look around hard enough...Renting to own is a slippery slope for renters...save your money and go buy something in the next three years, and claim it as your own.