I have low credit from late house payments on a house that I currently rent to my mother in law. Will I be approved to rent a home?

Asked by Tory Adams, Austin, TX Fri Apr 26, 2013

Answers

4
The Roman Lopez Real Estate Team’s answer
The Roman Lo…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Apr 27, 2013
Hello Tory,

I'd be more than happy to put you in touch with a local credit advocate that I use for buyers like yourself. They have a high success rate. I have several current home owners who went through the program.

Roman Lopez
(512) 947-2250
David Samuel, , Austin, TX
Sat Apr 27, 2013
Tory,

It depends on how the home owner/management company is doing their check. Many these days use an automated system that spits out a pass/pass with conditions/fail, and each of those systems behave differently. I do a lot of residential and apartment leasing in the area and have a pretty good read on what each of those systems are going respond with based on the situation.

It also depends on the area quite a bit, you can go out to a place like Manor and rent as long as you have a heartbeat and some income, closer to campus or near Zilker/Barton Springs they are much stricter on requirements. If you shoot me an email with exactly what you are looking for (area, price range, etc) we can get you setup with homes that would best fit your needs.
, ,
Sat Apr 27, 2013
Tory;

You should be fine.

Best of Luck;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit Repair Specialist at
Everlasting Credit Repair
Ex-Mortgage Banker of more than 10 years.
http://www.everlastingcredit.com
Heather, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Apr 26, 2013
It really depends on the home you're applying for. But the easy answer is yes, as long as you make at least 3 times the rent you should be fine.