How long does it take to pull up a credit score? We need a 620-640 for VA and are at 607. Do you think in three months it might be possible?

Asked by Samandcyndy, Jacksonville, AL Wed Mar 28, 2012

How bad did it hurt us to have a mortgage lender pull our credit to find out where we were?

Answers

7
lendersnetwo…, Agent, Plano, TX
Wed Mar 20, 2013
I can help point you in the right direction, I do have lenders willing to work with a 600 score but you will need 3.5% down is that an option? And as far as pulling credit several hard mortgage hits within a 30 day period only counts as one against your score. I work with many banks and can get you approved if anyone can,.

http://www.thelendersnetwork.com
Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
Hello Sam and Cindy,

Another things that you have to watch out for is not letting your credit report pulled in the mean time - at least 90 days window. Not for a department store, or credit card - not for anything...

Each credit pull, unless you shop for a mortgage company (within a short period of time), reduces your credit score by about 10 points.

If you get your debt (if any) down to 30% of available credit, this will also improve your score.
Once you do that, take care of the larger monthly payment card (this improves your debt to income ratios for a mortgage and makes you more "approvable").

Disputing wrong information is a great thing to do - it could be removed completely, if done the right way - check out the book by Kevin Trudeau "Debt Cures".

Irina Karan
CDPE
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Trevor Curran, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Great Neck, NY
Mon Apr 16, 2012
First, settle any outstanding debt. If you owe money on collection accounts, charge-offs and/or judgments, make payment arrangements and get these accounts paid promptly.

Next, begin rebuilding your credit. If you have current accounts with good payment histories, or even some previous late-payment-blemishes, make sure you continue to pay those accounts on time. If you do not have any existing credit accounts then you'll need to establish several in order to create a viable credit history.

I have found that CONSUMER ACTION is an excellent resource for objective advice on all things credit related. You'll find free and sincere advice on everything from settling collection accounts to rebuilding credit to building credit from scratch on their website. http://consumer-action.org/

Beware of anyone offering to "repair" your credit! The Federal Trade Commission issued a stern warning last year that such offers are scams. Find more from the FTC HERE. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre13.shtm

The best way to buy a home is to have a decent credit history combined with sufficient Income and Assets for a home purchase.

The best way to have a decent credit history is to settle negative outstanding obligations and pay all your bills on time for at least two years.

Trevor Curran
Rob Weber, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Plainfield, IL
Wed Mar 28, 2012
I forgot to answer your other question, your score can gain +13 points in a few months or maybe six months depending what your credit profile looks like. No one will be able to give you any remotely accurate answer without seeing your credit report.
Mark Flint, Agent, Evansont, IL
Wed Mar 28, 2012
If you have a good lender that you are working with they can help you get your score up. Don't just pull the scores yourself. The credit scores a lender pulls u can be different than you pull up online through a service. Research the lenders in your area, don't make any purchases, keep your payments current and work out a plan with that lender to get your score where you need it.
I can tell you at Coldwell Banker here in the Chicago area we work with PHH Home Loans in our office. They sit down with clients like you and lay out a plan of action to get that score where you need it, and they know their stuff. I am sure you have someone that can help you with that there to get you where you need to be. You are very close. Good luck.
Wed Mar 28, 2012
If your inquiry was within the last thirty days, subsequent inquiries will count as the same inquiry. You probably took a 1-3 point hit when your credit was pulled but that 'damage' will disappear over time.

Most lenders can do a VA loan with a 640 credit score and some with even a 620, very few can go below 620. If you get an approve/eligible via automated underwriting, at the time I write this, I could close this loan for you based on your credit score. If you'd like to check into this, shoot me an email/call via my website/profile.
Web Reference:  http://RobWeber.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Mar 28, 2012
yes they do have what is called a rapid rescore. the key is getting your balances under 50% of what your credit limit is, do not close any accounts, pay the ones you have on time and get any incorrect negatives off your report by disputing them.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com