How can i remove a judgement from my credit report?

Asked by jalberto, Philadelphia, PA Wed Nov 14, 2012

Can anyone give any any advice on how to remove a judgement from my credit report?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Trevor Curran, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Great Neck, NY
Thu Dec 27, 2012
Good morning jalberto,

You cannot remove a judgment from your credit report if this was truly a judgment against you. If the judgment is a mistake---an error on the part of the creditor or the credit agency---then it can be removed.

But if you truly have a judgment against you it cannot be removed.

The action you CAN take is to be sure the judgment is updated to reflect as "SATISFIED" if you have, in fact, paid and SATISFIED the judgment. To do that, visit to obtain your free credit report from each of the three credit bureaus. Once you have the reports you will see which agencies are reporting the judgment incorrectly. Have the attorney who represented the creditor file the SATISFACTION of JUDGMENT with the appropriate court and also update the credit agency.

Beware of anyone offering to "repair" your credit! The Federal Trade Commission issued a stern warning last year that such offers are scams. Find more from the FTC HERE.…

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
1 vote
This is awesome and thorough advice. Thank you.
Flag Fri Dec 30, 2016
Sheri Curci, Agent, Newtown, PA
Thu Nov 15, 2012

First find the Docket number or the Case ID # pertaining to the judgment , then GO TO-

YOU can do alot of the grunt work and save money from others firms charging you to pay a debt?

Then have your fingers do the walking and nrgotiate a pay off ;-)

All the best. John Curci RE/MAX 1-866-473-6290
1 vote
Alan Openshaw, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Southampton, PA
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Hello Jalberto,

Its not easy to remove a judgement from your credit report. It's probably easier to have the judgement vacated if its 4 years old.

Drop me a line and i would be happy to explain.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
NMLS ID 143960
1 vote
Wow, great info! Thanks for taking my call on a Sunday. Helped point me in the right direction! Great job!
Flag Sun Sep 29, 2013
Christopher…, Agent, Camp Hill, PA
Thu Dec 6, 2012
When paid off you should recieve a satisfaction letter, and in most cases you will have to take that letter to your local court house to get it removed from your credit report. This also improve your credit score.
0 votes
Annette Levi…, , New York, NY
Fri Nov 23, 2012
Pay your judgement off. Even if it is no longer on the credit report, it will still show on the title search (if unpaid) and you would loose your mortgage commitment.
0 votes
Irina Karan, Agent, Aventura, FL
Fri Nov 23, 2012
Each state has its own statute of limitations.
The judgement will go away, if satisfied (when applicable) in several years.
If not, you can correspond with the credit agencies and try to remove it, based on the statute of limitations. You can hire an attorney to do this for you too...if the first option does not work out.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
0 votes
Kelly Ward, , Utah
Wed Nov 14, 2012
At Allied Credit Solutions we help people removed negative information, including judgments, all day long.

Call for a free consultation.

Allied Credit Solutions
800 901-8122 x 211
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Credit Score in Popular Cities in Philadelphia County

Email me when…

Learn more