Jeff.c230, Home Buyer in Saint Petersburg, FL

Credit Score Question

Asked by Jeff.c230, Saint Petersburg, FL Wed Feb 20, 2013

Hello! My wife has an amazing score (well over 700), however she is a waitress with no real reported income. I have a credit score of a 627 and did a short sale a couple of years ago. We bring in over 2k monthly and just want to get a break instead of my past issues causing continuing problems. We have around 5k to put down on a place and keep finding houses under 80k that we love around our area. Is this scenario going to work in my favor? I read online that most places require a good 640 score....which makes sense. I just need another chance.

Answers

4
Carin Bowman, Agent,
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Hi Jeff,
My best advice would be to contact a mortgage company who could tell you exactly what you can qualify for and also give you the proper information concerning your previous shortsale. Some lenders are two years where others are 4 depending on whether you go FHA or conventional. Email mjkelly4@verizon.net or call him at 727-642-5559. He is located in Madeira Beach. He can at least give you the right information. If I can help you with anything else please feel free to call or email.

Carin Bowman
carinbowman@aol.com
Century 21 R E Champions
813-363-4642
thank you so much! I emailed him, hopefully there is something he can do for me
Flag Thu Feb 21, 2013
Jimsellsstpe…, Agent, Saint Petersburg, FL
Thu Feb 21, 2013
Contact Barry Beote at Barry.Beote@everbank.com.
His website is http://bbeote.everbankmortgage.com/Default.aspx
He can help you figure out what you need to do and what is best for your situation.

Tara May Webster Realtor
Your Neighborhood Realty
727-542-4219
TaraSellsStPete@gmail.com
I really appreciate it! I went ahead and emailed him, hopefully he can help.
Flag Thu Feb 21, 2013
Barry Smith, Agent, Saint Petersburg, FL
Wed Feb 20, 2013
Jeff, I agree with what Liane said. Also, you have to speak to a lender, this is their department. Some lenders can also help you do credit repair to raise your score which will help you get a better APR. If you would like my list of great lenders, please contact me. All lenders are not the same. These are some that I work with that get the job done.
Barry Smith
Excellent Service Realty
727-773-6677
could you please shoot me an email? I work a lot and dont have a lot of time to talk over the phone, jeff.c230@gmail.com. I'd appreciate any help I could get! thank you
Flag Wed Feb 20, 2013
Liane Jamason, Agent, Saint Petersburg, FL
Wed Feb 20, 2013
You should speak with a lender. Good credit is great but you also have to find out what your debt to income ratio is before you'll know what you can qualify for. Also if short sale was more than two years ago, you may be okay there. Let me know if you need a referral to a great lender.

Liane Jamason, REALTOR
Smith & Associates Real Estate
727-755-3325
I am just over the 2 year mark. But I only have about 1500 worth of debt showing on my credit that are in collections from trying to pay my previous mortgage. I lost a great job and just couldnt do it anymore so I was pressed to a short sale. Sorry to ramble. Would my wifes good score help us? Or would they just look at my score due to my short sale? And I would love a referral to give it a shot. Jeff.C230@gmail.com is my email.
Flag Wed Feb 20, 2013