Can i get a mortgage with a 687 credit score?

Asked by Micaw73, Newton, NC Sat Jun 4, 2011

Answers

7
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Jun 5, 2011
Micaw,

If everything else is acceptable you shouldn't have a problem. We would encourage you to be in touch with a mortgage broker for their input.

, ,
Sat Jun 4, 2011
A 687 FICO score is pretty decent for mortgage financing and can qualify you for most loan programs available today - so it is certainly possible but having your credit qualify is more than just a credit score, it is what is on your credit that may not be making it perfect.

What is bringing your score to a 687 level instead of like 750? Some reasons are better than others, such as high credit card balances are better than having late payments.
I have a couple minor debts in collection, because I overlooked them. I also have a broken lease that Has a balance of $3200.00. my son was nine years-old, and we lived in an apartment with rowdy college students as upstairs neighbors. The walls were very thin, and I couldn't explain what was going on in the room above his room, our room, and the spare bedroom. We went to management and nothing was taken care of, so we moved with 1.5 months remaining on the lease. We had owned our own home and hadn't rented since 1991, so we didn't know about tenants court and all of the other options we could have taken. My debt ratio is at 27%. I have an excellent reference from my current landlord, and our previous mortgage was paid off satisfactorily in 2007.
Flag Wed Sep 18, 2013
Roger A John…, Agent, Hickory, NC
Sat Jun 4, 2011
There are other qualifying criteria beyond the credit score, but a 687 would have on issue assuming everything else is okay
, ,
Mon Jun 6, 2011
You can get a mortgage with a 687 credit score. Feel free to contact me and we can talk thru all your options.

Sherry Riano
919-459-6502
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Sun Jun 5, 2011
Hi, With the credit score, yes. As long as you don't have any other major stumbling blocks. You should really talk to a reputable mortgage professional about your loan options. On very popular option these days is the FHA loan. This loan helps those with less then perfect credit and allows you to put down 3.5%.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Web Reference:  http://raveis.com/chrispagli
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Sat Jun 4, 2011
Yes you can, provided you have not done a short sale or a Reo
And hold a job, and have a reasonable Debt to income ratio after you take
On the mortgage.

Perry
Roger A John…, Agent, Hickory, NC
Sat Jun 4, 2011
that was meant to be 'No Issue' Sorry for the typo