Can I get a mortgage with a credit score of 608 in michigan?

Asked by Kphillips, Woodhaven, MI Sun Dec 18, 2011

Answers

4
Haig Istambo…, Agent, Rochester, MI
Mon Dec 19, 2011
Hello again,

Email me directly and I can give you a contact that will help you fix the remaining issues that you need to fix in the next few months to prepare you to qualify you for a mortgage.

Email me at realtorhaig@aol.com and I will get that information over to you ASAP.

Thanks again,

HAIG
Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com
Kphillips, Renter, Woodhaven, MI
Mon Dec 19, 2011
Haig
Thank you for the information and time!

Andy,
I do not have credit cards. I used a Consolidated Credit Card company to pay them all off. We have two car payments on my report. I have just paid off some of my creditors. I have 3 more to pay off. Just wanted to know what my chances were with the score I already have. Thank you for your time! Do u know of a
Andy Hargrea…, Agent, Plymouth, MI
Mon Dec 19, 2011
Probably not.
You should ideally spend the next 2-3 months working with a trusted and cooperative mortgage adviser who will help you properly align yourself so your credit is in optimal position to purchase.

You're not far off -- paying down some limits on your credit card and such may give you the boost you need.
Haig Istambo…, Agent, Rochester, MI
Sun Dec 18, 2011

To answer your question, no a 608 credit score is not high enough to get a mortgage. You are close to qualifying for an FHA loan. Most lenders are going to require a minimum 640 credit score to get an FHA mortgage loan. This means that your mid credit score, out of all 3 credit bureaus, needs to be a 640 or above.The FHA is a government agency that insures loans provided by FHA approved lenders. FHA approved lenders, especially in today’s market, will only be willing to finance FHA loans with a minimum credit score of 640.

The FHA does require a minimum downpayment of 3.5% of the sales price. Since you are so close, you really should contact a Lender that can work with you to improve your mid scores over the course of the next few months. I do work with a lender that helps and guides you to improve your credit scores to qualify for a loan.

Call or email me for more information and I will be happy to guide you in the right direction.

HAIG
Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com