Credit Score in 85018>Question Details

Jessica King, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

Am I ever going to qualify?

Asked by Jessica King, Phoenix, AZ Tue Aug 13, 2013

Hey There,
I'm 24 and my credit isn't super hot. I'm right around 620 and have been diligently paying my student loans, on time for a year and a half. I do have an ugly credit history and some of it still remains. My identity was stolen and it made the whole situation worse, but I have been paying and trying to get those dropped off my report. I make 47K/yr and have been at my job for over a year. I can afford a mortgage but can I qualify for one?

Thanks for the advice!

Rose Mullins’ answer
You would probably qualify now for an FHA loan. 620 is usually the minimum score and you would need 3 percent down payment. Your best bet is to talk with a qualified mortgage lender who will work with you to over come your obstacles. I would recommend Dean Wegner. If you give me a call, I will get you detailed information. I would love to talk with you.

Rose Mullins,AB
Platinum Premier Realty
When was the last time you tried qualifying for a loan? There are newer programs available that might work for you. Give me a call and we can discuss.
Are you still looking for a property?
Jessi, yes you will qualify, if you are in the right direction.
I work with a great team, which includes an awesome lender!
Most of the people that I send to him, for credit recovery, can buy, sometimes, within 30 DAYS! Awesome, huh?

Give me a call today and I would love to connect you with him!

4802759566 -- Where you can search homes on the market, like a pro!

PS. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Hi Jessi,

There are many options that would be available to you and I must congratulate you on your hard work! Lord knows, it is difficult to pay down debt and I must applaud your work. If you would like some information, give me a call, text or email and I would be happy to get you in touch with a lender I know that would help you get to qualified status.

Matthew Potter
Stunning Homes Realty
P) 480-343-7894
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 22, 2013
Hi there,

Keep up the good work by paying off your bills! It's hard enough nowadays to do that. First off, I would definitely make sure to have a police report prepared regarding your stolen identity. This will help you tremendously in the future. I wrote an e-book on the subject of repairing credit because I was tired of having it myself (which was a lifetime ago). I wasn't about to pay some expensive credit repair company to do what I could have (and did do) for myself, especially after all the bad press about scams, etc. Take a look at the link from my website to learn more. You'll get where you want to be. It just takes a little time!
Yes. There are lenders that will lend to people with scores as low as a 580 mid score. I would be happy to help you out, please email me or check out our website if you want some assistance in attaining a loan.
Hi Jess,

You will in time.

If you would like a lender that I recommend feel free to contact me direct.

He can provide you the necessary guidelines to get you qualified on your home,

Lucinda Tkach

You may also log in on my website and contact him direct on lender tab
If you have a 620 score we may be able to help. We will do 620 fico score FHA loans as well as manual underwrites. Give me a call or shoot me a email.

David Rider
CMG Mortgage

Legal Info at
Web Reference:
Hey Jessi,

That's terrible about the identity theft! As many before myself have stated, there are numerous programs that could assist you with your dream of home ownership. The first step would be to have a great loan originator review your situation and provide you with all of the programs that could be offered to you. If you would like, contact me and I can put you in touch with at least 3 lenders to see what all of your options are.

Matthew Potter
Stunning Homes Realty
P) 480-343-7894
Ask me how you can save $5,000 or more on the purchase of your home.
It is not a question of "Can I qualify for a mortgage?" The quality of the mortgage is the question. There are programs & grants to buy houses; "Home in 5", Chicanos Por La Causa"...... The programs are bountiful. A good lender will advise you on how to accelerate the process to getting your credit better and in turn a better loan. A good agent should be able to refer you to 3 "Good & Knowledgeable" mortgage brokers.

Get a great agent and you will get some great referrals to lenders. Find a lender through a referal! Work with them as a team.

Your right around the cusp of credit score qualifying for either FHA and Conventional financing. We have an in house credit team at no charge that can review and see what will be the quickest and easiest way to get you where you need to be to qualify .

I handle these cases every month . Feel free to reach out to me .

City North/ Desert Ridge Location
Timothy Potempa
Sr. Loan Officer
Office/Cell: 623.570.0781
Fax: 602.464.7396

5450 E. High Street Suite 260
Phoenix, AZ 85054
Several folks here have recommended lenders; I'd also throw Andrea Beach at Fairway Mortgage (480-496-2883) or Corbin Olson at Academy Mortgage (480-581-1400) into the mix.

Once you get qualified, we can get you set up with access to a more efficient listings website than Trulia - it pulls directly from the MLS, unlike Trulia, so you'll see not only all that's out there in the MLS but you won't be looking at listings already under contract that haven't been updated.

Great News on FHA!

Borrowers only need a 620 mid credit score to get FHA financing as long as we receive an automated approval (we used to need 640).

Please contact me to get the lender's information and details
This question is best asked of a loan officer at a mortgage bank after you have made loan application. You may qualify now. If not now, you should have a specific plan of what to do to be qualified.

This is a job I do many times a month. If you are not good to go now you will get in writing an outline of what to do and many times what NOT to do to get to the point of qualifying. Credit score is not the only piece in the credit puzzle or in the qualifying picture.

As to your question of can you afford a mortgage with the income you state above???? I have closed files where the income is half of that number and have seen loan applications where the borrower makes over $10,000 a month and still won't income qualify. Your income is only part of the picture.

Dave Jackson
Loan Officer/Real Estate Asset Planner
Financing Solutions for Arizona Real Estate since 1993
American Financial Lending, Inc.
20860 N. Tatum Blvd, Suite 160
Phoenix, AZ 85050-4277
602 277-3800 w
602 631-9788 f
602 524-2401 c
602 912-9438 h
BK # 0910057 NMLS LO ID # 284875
Hi Jessie:

Give my office a call (480-525-8496) and ask for Calvin Gale, my Loan Manager, at ext. 751. He has been in the business quite a while and will be more than happy to walk you through what you may wish to do to get qualified. We have lenders which go as low as 580 on your FICO score, so you may be in better shape than you realize.

Take care.

Bill Parker, CPA*

Sr. Loan Officer
*Licensed, no longer practicing

15730 N. 83rd Way, Suite 103
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Phone: 480-525-8496, EXT 743
Fax: 480-436-5226

MISSION STATEMENT: To create an unbelievably enjoyable experience for my clients, while guiding them through the most important financial transactions of their personal lives. My clients know me as their Mortgage Lender for Life. I truly appreciate your referrals.

If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.
Red Adair, Oil well firefighter
Hi Jessi,

You really should speak with a loan officer! I know of a couple who can help with "credit repair" and have been very successful doing that with a few of my clients. Please email me directly at or call me, so we can talk!!

Everyone always thinks they are beyond help, and that is rarely the case!!!

Call or email me!!!!

Eileen Shapiro
Sonoran Premier Properties
I have a few excellent mortgage lenders for you to speak with. Please call or text me at (602) 617-6872, and I'll happily put you in touch with one of them.

Talk to you soon!

James Reynolds, REALTOR
You need to speak to a Mortgage Agent to find out what needs to be done to qualify, a public forum won't get you what you need to be successful. Schedule an appointment with a Mortgage agent and find out what you need to do to get qualified if you are not.
Thank Craig,
Obviously I had no idea that I couldn't get qualified through a public forum. Your advice is beyond helpful.

Did you stop to consider, before posting a snarky remark, that I'm possibly taking my credit problems to a forum to avoid the rejection of a loan officer telling me I'm crazy for even thinking I could qualify.

Why should a bank have to embarrass me when you've already tried your best?

Thanks again for being so insightful. Make it a great day!
Flag Tue Aug 13, 2013