Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Corning : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying8
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 12
Tue Feb 21, 2017
Walter 'Skip' Kersten answered:
Hi KB,
In order for a trustee to sell a property in a trust, they need to supply the title and escrow companies a copy of the trust and an original death certificate of the person(s) originating the trust. The title company will determine rather or not they can transfer title of the property and issue a title insurance policy. If they cannot, the property may have to go through probate to be sold. You mentioned that the trust was terminated. It is hard to say what impact this will have on the process.
Good luck,
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Jan 29, 2017
Hello Marco, the single family homes in 96021 zip code start from 159k for 3bd 2ba home. Are you looking to pay cash or do you need financing?

Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
Veteran and VA/CalVet Loan Specialist
REO and Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
24+ Years Experience
BRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Dec 15, 2016
Freddy Cauley answered:
Pay up your active accounts first making sure that u don't go over 30% of your overall credit limit. Always pay your credit cards on the same day every month before the due date. As far as collections u can first try and dispute the accounts by checking the info and making sure it's accurate. 1st request all documentation and be sure they send the contract with your Signiture for each account. Don't sound mean just concerned. If they don't have the proper documentation you can request they delete this from your credit report. If they do provide proper documentation then mention you are not able to pay the entire balance but agree to pay a percentage of each delinquent account and before you send the money or make a payment get in writing from the company that if you agree to pay this amount they will delete the account completely. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Oct 2, 2013
Michael Moller answered:
The price range of home sales in 2011 for 3 bedroom 2 bath homes ranged from $75,000 to $135,000. To give an accurate answer more detail is needed i.e. address of subject property and purpose of needing a value from 2011. 2012 was the year of stabilization. 2013 is now seeing appreciation in home prices. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Sep 29, 2013
Suzanne Staley answered:

I am a Sacramento County Realtor and own investment property in Corning. How did your venture work out for you?

Best regards,

Suzanne Staley, Realtor
Intero Real Estate Services
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Sun Feb 10, 2013
John Arendsen answered:
You really should start with the park manager of the park/communities you are interested in. You will have to fill out an application and be approved by them before you even make an offer on a manufactured home in a rent/lease park/community.

I would definitely make sure about the year the MH was built. Have the RE agent show you proof via registration info. Be wary of any manufactured home built before June 15, 1976 as they are "PRE HUD" homes and will be very difficult if not impossible to finance. Additionally many if not most PRE HUD homes were built using caustic and carcinogenic chemicals i.e. formaldehyde and asbestos.

But before you purchase any manufactured home you should have the home inspected by an experienced manufactured home inspector and not just any home inspector.Make sure the home is level and that the pier and pad assemblies are in good shape.

Be sure the vapor barrier and insulation are in tact and not ripped, torn or lying on the ground. Have the inspector look for drainage issues i.e. standing water, soil erosion, expansive (clay soil), rusted and deteriorating piers and dry rotted or decomposing wood pads supporting the piers.

Most importantly make sure the home has an approved set of Earthquake Resistant Bracing (ERBS) installed under it as much of California is in a Zone 4 seismic area:


Feel free to contact us should have any more questions: 800 909-1110, Cell: 760 815-6877. Email: Or log onto any of our very user friendly websites:
Web Reference:
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Sep 29, 2011
Genine Johnson answered:
There must be more to the story, if you work with a local agent, they can help you research the property to find out what is really going on with the property.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 29, 2011
Genine Johnson answered:
Thu Sep 29, 2011
Genine Johnson answered:
In most cases the lender will provide a cook stove, since it has to be a functioning kitchen. Write it into the offer for the REO Seller to provide in escrow. The banks will reduce the properties every 30 days that there is no offer. I would not be afraid to submit a lower offer than they are asking. They are looking at their bottom line. Make the offer what is the worst that they can say "NO" ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 30, 2010
Paul Cadinha answered:
Hi Cyndi,
perhaps you are interested in my multi-unit listing in Anderson , Ca.
3 houses, 1 duplex and 1 manuf unit for $519,000? If so, call me please :
Paul Cadinha, broker, 530-529-4300 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun May 16, 2010
Grace Hanamoto answered:
Hello Coprtop and thanks for your post.

In California, there is not a redemption period after sale. Once completed, the sale to a bonafide third party is final. The only recourse the previous owner has in the event of an error is usually a lawsuit against the bank. However, for the best and most accurate legal opinion, please discuss this matter with a qualified real estate attorney in your area.

Grace Morioka, SRES
Area Pro Realty
San Jose, CA
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 11, 2010
Rick Sharga answered:

Feel free to drop me an e-mail with your contact information and an idea of what you'd like to discuss, and I'll make sure someone gets back to you.

0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Corning Zip Codes