Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Copiague : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions2

Activity 9
Sun Mar 19, 2017
Daniel Justus asked:
Sat Aug 17, 2013
pdavisadv answered:
Phyllis - Advantage + Copiague, NY

Correction: Email
0 votes 17 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Melissa Goss answered:
First go to a lender and get your pre-qualification letter. This will determine how much house you can afford. There is even a calculator online if you google, how much house can I afford. It gives you a breakdown based off of your income and debt.

Rent and mortgage payments vary depending on what you are looking to pay... sometimes a mortgage is lower than rent-
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Melissa Goss answered:
With FHA you now will have to pay for PMI for the life of the loan. On conventional you will also have to pay PMI, but if you put 20% down you can avoid PMI all together, which I would suggest if you can do so. It will lower your monthly payment significantly by being able to axe that PMI. ... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Thomas Moser answered:
The only reliable source is the town's tax office. Just call them with the address.
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Mar 20, 2013
Ralph Windschuh answered:
According to MLS, there are currently only 8 unis available in that development and given that there are over 170 units total, I don't think that is an inordinate amount of units for sale. If you are interested in seeing any of the units, I would be happy to assist you. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Nov 13, 2012
De Vonte Williamson answered:
Hello Victor. You could always visit your county clerks office.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Mobile: (631)384-3695
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 7, 2012
Ralph Windschuh answered:
If I had the address, I might be able to assist you. In cases of distressed sales, banks usually don't allow related to parties to purchase the property. However, if the deed has already been recorded and switched over to the bank, they may be willing to do so. But, above all, you would certainly need to disclose to the bank that you were a relative. I would consult a real estate attorney just to make sure about your potential legal impllcations. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Anna M Brocco answered:
Before moving forward consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate; he/she can best advise....
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Home Buying in Copiague Zip Codes